Men's Cologne / Eau De Toilette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banana Republic Republic of Men or the one in the blue bottle. They have small bottles (33 mL maybe?)) at the BR outlet for $9; $18 worth will last me a year with the small amount I use.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
[censored] - Polo Black is quite $$..

Thanks for the suggestions - looking them up slowly..
Keep them coming

Go for the Polo Double Black.

Does the Double Black have a lot different scent from the regular Black? I guess I'll have to go to the store and sniff both to compare...

I can't quite tell if the Double Black is just stronger,or if it has a "woodsier" smell maybe. It's really hard to describe,but I love it!

I've worn Drakkar Noir since it came out over 30 years ago.

It's been around forever and perhaps lacks the "sophistication" and price tag of others that have followed.

Seems women like it, too. I know my wife does. I still get interesting compliments from very young ladies who smell it for the first time.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
[censored] - Polo Black is quite $$..

Thanks for the suggestions - looking them up slowly..
Keep them coming

Go for the Polo Double Black.

Does the Double Black have a lot different scent from the regular Black? I guess I'll have to go to the store and sniff both to compare...

I can't quite tell if the Double Black is just stronger,or if it has a "woodsier" smell maybe. It's really hard to describe,but I love it!

Just sniffed them both, and didn't really like either one, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with Double Black I think. They are quite different though.

I tried some 15 different colognes while at Macy's last time, and liked none of them, heh.

Now, I'm NO expert on this, but I've been told the "scent" of any cologne is supposedly shaped in part by the sweat and other "skin chemistry" of the wearer. So any cologne/perfume smells a little different on each person. Sniffing from the bottle is apparently not the same.

YMMV, and who knows about this. This is not something I invest much thought into at this point in life. LOL.

All I do know is what I wear does the trick, and I see no need to change it.

Bear in mind that this is from someone who holds their breath while walking out of most department stores, where the scents are.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Now, I'm NO expert on this, but I've been told the "scent" of any cologne is supposedly shaped in part by the sweat and other "skin chemistry" of the wearer. So any cologne/perfume smells a little different on each person. Sniffing from the bottle is apparently not the same.

Yes, this is true. Even what you eat and what meds you take can effect on how the cologne smells on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back