House electrical question/help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some threshold that does trip the higher requirements?

Like another poster, we have 150 amp service, and its plenty for this house.

We have 100 amp service at another location, and there we feel underpowered. Electric Range, Electric Dryer, Well, etc...

Originally Posted By: Chris142
gas works when the power is out.electric is huge expensive

Good point. There's nothing like a hot cup of whatever when the power is out.

We had a gas stove in one of the places we lived early on. I liked the instant heat the stove provided.

We have full electric, stove, cloths dryer, water heater. Sometimes I wish we had gas to reduce the bills.

Philosophically, I like the efficiency of converting the energy to heat at the point of use, no losses like in an electrical distribution system.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: Chris142
gas works when the power is out.electric is huge expensive

Good point. There's nothing like a hot cup of whatever when the power is out.

We had a gas stove in one of the places we lived early on. I liked the instant heat the stove provided.

We have full electric, stove, cloths dryer, water heater. Sometimes I wish we had gas to reduce the bills.

Philosophically, I like the efficiency of converting the energy to heat at the point of use, no losses like in an electrical distribution system.

Yeah, right now I'm in an all electric apt and dreading the high bills this winter.

I sympathize with the OP as I had an old house with 60 amp -four circuit- box replaced with a new box for less than a $1000 ( needed new service entrance pole on back porch) . It wasn't 200 AMP, I cant remember if it was 100 o 150. It was OK, but I had gas heat, gas hot water, no central AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back