I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after 10 days of waiting.. I finally picked up my lower..

and when I paid for it 10 days ago.. the gentlemen that rang me up scanned it and it was lower than it was marked for.. I asked again before giving him my plastic card.. The total was almost $200 dollars compare to $310 (cost of the complete lower)

When I signed the paperwork 10 days ago, the paper stated it was paid in full and all sales are final..

come today, I went it and the gentlemen was like.. it was rang up wrong.. I was like.. okay.. how much do i owe you? he said $180.. so now my total is close to $400 compare to the $200 I paid 10 days ago..

If I screwed up on my part, I would be completely fine with it..

my question is, is it my fault that it was rang lower than it is marked for? am I the one accountable for it?

if not, can I go back and talk to the store manager about? cause is an $200 dollars difference from what I paid for 10 days ago..

thanks guys..

on the receipt, it stated all sales are final.

to be honest, I'm thinking about going back friday and having a word with their manager.

I would have been okay if they apologize for their mistakes but the fact that they didn't.. it didn't sat well with me walking out of the store and the way home.

to me, that is unprofessional customer service.

If it is marked that it is paid in full, that lower is your property. You agreed on a price and then paid for it. That is a contract. If they messed up, they should honor the price they quoted or refund you the money. Sounds like a really bad operation since they screwed up the price that bad not once but twice.

So what was it marked for when you first paid for it? Is that now the price they want you to pay?

I would NOT give them a penny more. You made your purchase for the original amount,paid in full,transaction complete. If they try to pull a fast one,it sounds like they're either rip-off artists or they're trying to do a bait and switch on you. DO NOT give them anymore money.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I would NOT give them a penny more. You made your purchase for the original amount,paid in full,transaction complete. If they try to pull a fast one,it sounds like they're either rip-off artists or they're trying to do a bait and switch on you. DO NOT give them anymore money.

Exactly.....

There are no friends in business..

I guess in depends on how you feel about it. Did you know the price of he lower when you bought it? Do you feel that they made an honest mistake and you want to make it right? Or are they such jerks that you won't do business again and they deserve it?
I bought a trigger kit for an ar at a gun show from a local business i shop often with. they rang me up and gave me a receipt. When i got home i noticed the transaction did not go through,( some type of connectivity issue with the card reader.)
I was charged nothing for the trigger kit ( about $130). I went to the store a week later and gave him the receipt , i paid him and he was blown away that someone would do that. They did not even know they had not been paid.

Its about how honest you feel about the transaction.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I was charged nothing for the trigger kit ( about $130). I went to the store a week later [...] and he was blown away

did his demise have anything to do with said trigger?

I would ask for my money back or take possession of the lower for the original price u paid. They should eat the cost of their mistake

I'm not sure if a consumer can benefit from an honest mistake in price by a merchant. You do have the right to void the purchase and ask for your money back.-(rather than giving more money) Or negotiate another price that satisfies both parties.

Complete lower? Yeah, they should not have sold you that for $200. They did make a mistake, but unfortunately (as they say), possession is 9/10ths of the law. Your best option at that point would have been to ask for your $200 back.

Your best option now is to go back and ask a manager (politely) why the difference between the $310 you intended to pay and the $380 you actually paid. Sounds like they did not overcharge you by $180, but they might have overcharged you by $70.

I've been in a situation or two like this. If I know they made a price mistake I will tell them on the spot so everyone is square on the deal. If they made a price mistake I didn't know about, and they told me later with viable proof/reason for the price mistake, then I will decide then if I still want to purchase the product or not. If they made a price mistake to my advantage, and they offer to give me the price, then I'll take it.

The priced of the lower was $310.. it was an complete lower but the employee rang it up as an stripped lower instead of complete.

and when he told me.. it was close to $200 dollars (tax + dros) and I asked him again if that's the correct amount and he said yes..

I signed the paperwork on it on the day of the purchase that everything has to be paid in full..

come yesterday, The employee said ' the other employee rang it up wrong and there was a difference'..

i don't work there, i ain't the one that scanned it at the register.. but that employee that helped me try to put the blame on me instead of them.. if the fault was on me, i would take full responsibility of it no questions asked.

I felt cheated the way out to be honest.

^^^ Well, if you questioned the guy on the price when you purchased it if the price was correct, and he said yes, then it's on the business to honor that price. The business will have to train their employee's better to prevent them from making pricing mistakes like that. If you don't want it now at the "new price", walk away and ask for your money back if they give you grief.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I was charged nothing for the trigger kit ( about $130). I went to the store a week later [...] and he was blown away

did his demise have anything to do with said trigger?

LOL

If I've got your side correct:
You knew and expected the price of $310 (per their quote???). The employee made a mistake and only charged $200. They are now asking for $380 instead of $310...why? If they quoted you $310 and that was alright with you at the time, I'd call them on that price and pay the $110. I wouldn't pay the $180. Do you have any paperwork with the $310 price?

I was expecting it but the guy rang it up.. he made the mistake of it..

I have the receipt of it paid in full with the serial # of the lower.

and they also make you sign the paperwork that it was paid in full on the day of purchase..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back