ariat boots no longer fit right

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought ariat a few times in the past always been satisfied. I've had rockys and in 2 weeks the back heel portion of the boot came apart but my ariats have always lasted a decent while. Well after my terrible experience with rockys I went searching for new boots. To my surprise not one pair of ariat fit right. All are on the narrow side and the toe area on most of them felt cramped even in broader toed boots.I ended up with a pair of justins I hope they last awhile. Ariats kind of let me down I was hoping to give them my business again but unfortunately they just didn't fit right. I also noticed between pairs they didn't fit the same. This is kind of a rant but also a question has anyone noticed the difference in quality ?

Slip on cowboy style work boots yes. Sorry I should have clarified I never even consider boots with strings I almost forget they exist.

It's that way with all shoes in my experience. I bought a new pair of Asics running shoes and a pair of Sperrys,and I had to try on several pairs of the same model/style/color to find pairs that fit perfectly.

Maybe they changed or reworked the Last?

Red Wing's are very consistent. USA assembled, and I have never had a boot that was in my size that didn't fit.

I would rather have boots made in Mexico (Justin) than China, just one persons perspective on it.

Last edited:
I wore Justin boots for a long time. The handcrafted in USA lacers with J-max comfort system. Had one pair last me 7 years (had resoled once) and another lasted 2 years of work duty before getting a crack in the sole. I still wear the second pair, just not to work. As with most brands anymore Justin seems to have different tiers of quality in their line up and they're priced accordingly. Due to local availability I now wear Red Wing's.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Red Wing's are very consistent. USA assembled, and I have never had a boot that was in my size that didn't fit.

I would rather have boots made in Mexico (Justin) than China, just one persons perspective on it.

I have had a few sets of Red Wings and the last time I went to their store, almost every tag said "made in china" I was disapointed especially since the prices were even higher than normal!

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

I have had a few sets of Red Wings and the last time I went to their store, almost every tag said "made in china" I was disapointed especially since the prices were even higher than normal!

It's no longer safe to assume that just because they're name brand they're made in USA. My Red Wing boots are but I checked the tags before purchase to make sure. Some of the real high dollar boots like Nocona and Tony Llama may be exclusively made in USA but most companies are only making certains models/lines of boot here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back