C.A.R. Products Bullet Proof Paint Coating - Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to share some pictures for two products that I recently started using for entry-level details.

In this example, the owner had requested a basic exterior detail; he was mainly interested in a clean-up and protection. I advised him that for a very reasonable extra charge, I could add a light paint correction and a paint coating that would provide 12-18 months of protection. Like any rational person, he agreed once he understood the potential time savings (in maintenance) and the significant improvement in appearance (I did a 50/50 on a fender during check-in).

The car washed and de-contaminated, then the hood and roof were compounded (M100/PFW/rotary). This car needs a lot of correction, but since we were only doing a one-step enhancement, the entire car was polished using Optimum Hyper Polish and a Rupes Yellow Pad on the LHR21ES.

After polishing, the car was wiped down with CarPro Eraser and then C.A.R. Bullet Proof Paint Coating was applied. This product goes on easier than most paint sealants; you apply the product using a block/suede applicator and return after 5-20 minutes to wipe off the excess. The resulting surface is incredibly slick and the excess product wipes off like jelly. Then after 1 hr, you can (should) apply C.A.R. Products Topper to provide additional protection against water spots during the curing period.

While I still think CarPro CQuartz UK is a much better product (from a hardness and maintenance standpoint), C.A.R. Bullet Proof is easier to apply and much more affordable.

DSC_1397 by thecritic89, on Flickr

DSC_1406 by thecritic89, on Flickr

DSC_1411 by thecritic89, on Flickr

DSC_1407 by thecritic89, on Flickr

Happy Detailing!

Originally Posted By: thebeast
That looks fantastic! How much of the bottle did you use? Is there any left over for another car?

I wasn't keeping track, but I'd say it was definitely under 1 oz.

Last edited:
Critic,

Great test! I saw your post over at AG as well. Will be tuning into to this to see your future thoughts/ observations.

Sounds like the Bulletproof applications is along the lines of other 'spray' coatings?

And you only used 1oz. so... you could get quite a few coatings out of one 12oz. bottle huh?

I'm doing a similar test with DP Paint Coating, DG Enviroshield, and CQUK on my truck.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I wanted to share some pictures for two products that I recently started using for entry-level details.

So, are you going to take a winter trip to Saskatchewan to try another black G37?
wink.gif

Nice work TC. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the CAR products versus the CQ UK.

Originally Posted By: Zeus33

Nice work TC. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the CAR products versus the CQ UK.

Thanks. Will be trying some other coatings soon as well - stay tuned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back