ATF Cooler Hose Broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATF Cooler hose broke on my daughters 95 Accord EX. The car is in Houston TX and I am in Ft.Lauderdale Fl. What do you think Tranny toast or any chance of replacing Hose and filling up w/ fluid and it working? She drove it about a mile and came to a stop!

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Maybe, maybe not.
Replace the hose, trans filter, top it off, hope a lot, and see what happens.

I would love to do that but i am about 900 miles away! The AAA tow truck driver towed it to a garage he recommend, so i am at the mercy of this garage tomorrow. Luckily its only 7 quarts of fluid and about 3' of hose total so i am thinking about $150 to give it a try!

Last edited:
Where in Houston is she? Depending on where she is there are many great mechanics within a short distance that can get her back on the road.

Any of the shops on this page should be outstanding and come highly recommended.
cool.gif
They are all sponsors on one of our local mechanic talk shows. I live close to Houston and have used some of them and never been let down yet.

Check it out

http://automojoradio.com/sponsors/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Where in Houston is she? Depending on where she is there are many great mechanics within a short distance that can get her back on the road.

Any of the shops on this page should be outstanding and come highly recommended.
cool.gif
They are all sponsors on one of our local mechanic talk shows. I live close to Houston and have used some of them and never been let down yet.

Check it out

Thanks alot for the info she lives on Brompton St 77025 zip.She has only been there 2 months and i haven't been there yet.

Originally Posted By: jmb106

cool.gif

Check it out

Thanks alot for the info she lives on Brompton St 77025 zip.She has only been there 2 months and i haven't been there yet.

Ok I am fairly familiar with that part of town, my wife and I were actually on that side of town saturday. Here is what I would do. You might want to shoot scotty kilmer an email and ask him to take a look at it. He is a well known mechanic in Houston and has a very successful youtube channel as well. I believe his shop is in the heights, not to far from where she is now. I haven't ever used him but I have heard great things about him and he seems to be an honest guy. Here is his website, his email is about halfway down the homepage. http://www.scottykilmer.com/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Should be fine, it probably stopped when it lost pressure and no damage done if you were driving normal.

I hope so. She was on city street in traffic she not a fast driver. That would be great news!

Last edited:
JK thanks again.

Anytime. I know how frustrating it can be trying to do long distance diagnostics/repairs over the phone.
grin.gif
If you ever need any helpful Houston info just let me know!

well it was not the cooler line it was the case w/ a 1 1/2" inch hole in it! Not worth repairing!
frown.gif

the case? what is that?

is that the transmission with a hole in it? how in the world?

Sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity, how much to repair it?

Tranny Shop took a quick look at it on the ground said about $2000. Will know more once he pulls it. We are gonna fix it, verses buying another used car and not knowing what we have. My daughter does not want payments as she just Graduated from Collage in May.

That's too bad. $2k sounds nasty and it all sounds a bit strange. I hope you can get some long distance help and perhaps a used unit with a much better price for that '95

What is that seal above it? CV output seal? looks like the diff pin retainer failed, causing the pin to slide out some and crack the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back