can i use dino oil and synthetic oil filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just called this one place,that sell ultraguard oil filters,and the guy told me that i should not use dino oil and ac delco ultraguard oil filter or any other oil filter that is made from synthetic media.he told me something about that i should use synthetic media oil filters with synthetic oils,and not with dino oils.he told me something like that,dino oil is not getting trough synthetic media oil filter easy enough.can i use dino oil like 10w30 with any synthetic media oil filter out there,like pureone premium plus and ac delco ultra guard filters,or should i only use regular non-synthetic media oil filters??
shocked.gif
dunno.gif

is anyone using dino oils and synthetic media oil filters? i would like to use one,but now im confused.
gr_eek2.gif
i wonder why that guy told me something like that if its not true?
frown.gif

'cause he's an idiot which is common from autoparts store clerks and dealer service writers.

Let me repeat what was already said:
Any motor oil with any motor oil filter!

"i wonder why that guy told me something like that if its not true?"
How about because he had no idea what he was talking about? Synthetic media in filters has NOTHING to do with an oils ability to pass through the media. AFAIK, the media type deals with its ability to filter particles of a given size, and dirt holding capability, not whether it will pass a given oil. Better not tell these folks.. a synthetic media FOR ALL MOTOR OIL...
 -

the place is in sweden,this is the webpage:www.klintbergway.com there is a e-mail adress,maybe you can contact them if your want.i dont know what kind of vehicles they have that ac delco ultraguard gold filters,but they should have some. i asked that do you have those and the guy said yes.so they have should have those.

so there is no damage if i use synthetic media filters with dino oil? such as purolator premium plus or ultraguard gold? and what is the thing that using purolator gives higher oil pressure have anyone nodest that?
burnout.gif

any oil will go thru any filter especially since the bypass filters at a micron rating of 1 inch!

This is not the exact same filter that you are asking about, but I feel that the analogy is a fair one. Verbatim from: http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/M...ended_Performance_Oil_Filters_FAQs.aspx#FAQs3

"Can I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters with conventional oil?

Absolutely. We recommend that you use Mobil 1 motor oil to get maximum protection for your engine, but the Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter is fully compatible with conventional oils."

That's not the first time I heard that one ("synthetic filter" can only be used with synth oils).

A few months back I was asking the parts counter guy in the local Canadian Tire what other filters they had in the back that weren't on display. He mentioned a few and then said they had a special filter only for synthetic oil. "Really ?", says I. "Could I see one please". Back he comes with a Fram XG filter, and points to the picture on the box with the word "synthetic" - which refers to the media in the filter. I explained that the word describes the type of media in the filter - that it isn't a paper element. So he informs me that none of their filters have any paper in them, and further, "we were told" that this here particular filter is only for synthetic oil. Can't use it with it anything else.

So, I thanked him and left.

Tonttu, you can use any filter with any oil.

Phil

From LT4Vette
quote:

Who sells Hard-Driver oil filters?

I have never seen them before.

Go to synlube.com as shown in the picture above.
At their site (where they sell "lifetime" motor oil), they say good for 10 years or 100,000 miles.
gr_eek2.gif
They are > $20.

I don't know who makes them. They used to be sold under the Peak name -- the antifreeze people. In another thread, someone said Champion made them.

I have a few, and have dissected them. they are definitely built like a tank. Top-notch construction. When cut open, I found it difficult to tell what particles it was trapping, as it's more of a depth-type filter and there isn't a good surface from which to scrape the materials from between the pleats.

I would assume that today, the Baldwin B2-HPG (high-performance glass) is close, if you can use the FL1A-size.

Any to sell ? Is that for me, about the Hard Driver filter ?

Nah.. I'll use them eventually.

Here's a picture. THere's clearly a date on there. 1997..
 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back