remove the inlet water screans on my washer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a disaster this morning and my pipes got filled with rust and very fine silt\mud. the washer was on and its inlet filters got packed with this stuff. they are inside the connections that go into the machine,not in the hoses.

they are plastic and i assume pushed into the connection.i cant pull them out to clean them.machine is an amana and the owners manual does not talk about them.

If you can't get them out, buy new hoses with screens in them. You do not want that junk in the inner valves and stuff that shut off and mix the water.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I use a small dental-pick to get mine out....I have well water and have to remove the screens frequently.
im on a well too.too many showers too close together this morning sucked the casing dry.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I use a small dental-pick to get mine out....I have well water and have to remove the screens frequently.
im on a well too.too many showers too close together this morning sucked the casing dry.

Its worth it to put in a whole house filter to catch debris before it gets to the water heater and washer solenoids.

Yep....we have a whole-house filter but it's the little fines that build up in the basement. We tried a tighter filter but lost too much pressure. I plan on replacingthe HW heater once it hits 15 years (December).

We have issues with the one toilet downstairs but it's simple to take the valve apart and clean it.

probably not the best idea but i removed the screens on the hot and cold line years ago and i have enjoyed fast refill times and no ill effects so far.

Last edited:
Had the same problem. Until I get a whole house filter done, I improvised. I went to WalMart, on the aisle with the RV stuff is located, I bought a filter that screws onto the end of the hose that feeds water to an RV. It comes with a short extension hose, and works great for keeping the washing machine protected. Cost is about $20, and you can buy two pack replacement filters for $20 or so as well.

Usually don't have to filter hot water...the tank act as a settling/collection point, unfortunately, it shortens the life of the tank and the best thing is to get a whole house filter asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back