Anker Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery on my Galaxy Note 2 seems to be on it's last legs. I used to plug my phone in with 50% or more life left each night after being out all day, but over the last week it's been significantly lower and on some of the heavier use days down to 5% when before it would be in the 40s.

I can always get an OEM Samsung battery and probably expect another year and a half out of it. But I've seen batteries by Anker around and they seem to have good reviews. I've seen them in stock size and large size, I'd be interested in stock size. Amazon has a package for two stock size batteries and a battery only charger for $25 .

Slighty cheaper than an OEM battery ($14 sold/shipped Prime from Amazon) , but I'd rather have the better battery, even if it costs a little more.

Any thoughts on Anker or another brand stock (3100mAH) size battery?

I had a small but notable improvement with a Anker battery back then I had my old S II, and they've got a good warranty.

They've been good to me with there laptop batteries.

I got an Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh External Battery for Christmas last year. The thing works great. Use it to charge the phone when I cannot get to power and to power a camera I have that normally needs 12V.

What chemistry? If cathode is changed it could mean worse safety effects.

Sometimes extra energy is obtained by removing a PTC or other safeties.

I only know it by being Lithium Ion. They to have all the normal safety features in their battery that you would find on an OEM battery.

my experience with non oem batteries is that they have tended to show great battery life at first but eventually the capacity degrades pretty rapidly, far more rapidly than the degradation of the original battery

I can't speak as to the quality of their batteries, but I have one of their chargers, a 2 port 3A one that is well made and works very well. Anker seems to make pretty decent quality stuff. For the price, you can't really go wrong I think.

Ive had several ankers over the years. Currently running a Zerolemon 10,000 mAh battery in my note 3. I only have to plug it in every 3-5 days with HEAVY use. But you want stock size lol.

I've seen the Zerolemon 9300mAh for the Note 2 and am in aw of what I could do. But I like to fit the phone in my pocket and I don't have a need to go several days without plugging in.

I think I'm going to give the Ankers a shot and see how it works.

I highly recommend laza if you can stand an extended battery. I have used them on 4 different smart phones always great and affordable. I don't know how they are offering such a good product so cheap and a no hassle warranty too. I had a small issue with a battery which corrected itself and before I could tell them they already shipped me a new battery without even asking. Great stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E5848CE?pc_redir=1410005449&robot_redir=1

If you want the Ferrari of extended batteries and can afford to spend 50 for stock or 100 for extended I highly recommend Mugen Power. I used to use their stuff exclusively until I found laza. Their back covers are the best.

Wow, that laza is really cheap. Hard to believe really.

The Mugen looks really nice. Nice backcover. I like that it's just thick instead of a bump for the battery like the laza.

Yes the Mugen is top of the line in my opinion but you pay for it. The laza is the best bang for the buck if you don't mind the less thought out back cover. Just read any laza review on Amazon, most are very highly rated at least for the battery performance. I set some bad reviews for people who don't like the battery cover also for being less than sleak.

I've used Anker batteries and chargers for my current and three previous phones. They have been positively perfect. On two of the phones I was able to upgrade to a larger capacity Anker which made a big difference in talk time. I recommend them without reservation.

Initial impression is great. I think it was definitely my battery that was the problem.

Breaking in the new batteries now, but this will take a while since I'm up to 38.5hrs since last charge and the battery is at 14%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back