The. Car. Deodorizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its not specifically detailing a car per se, but to me a car that smells of smoke, pet or other putrid smells is not tolerable and I hate driving it, even if the car is a good one.

I bought my truck off a widow whose husband took great car of it in every way. Unfortunately...he smoked in it. I have never purchased a vehicle with this smell before. It gives me a headache and feel like my nose is getting stuffy the longer I am exposed to it. I put off buying it for a few days but it was just listed at 25% less than blue book mostly because it was her husbands truck and it served no purpose other than a increasing sad reminder of her loss. I figured, how hard could it be to get rid of the smell?

I tried everything, repeated vacuuming with carpet deodorizer, multiple air fresheners, air sponge, vinegar, coffee grinds, airing it out for days...every home remedy I could find...still it remained (reminds me of a Seinfeld episode) I was ready to drop big dollars to get it detailed. But I caught word of something...

Anyway, not sure if you have heard of it but its called: Biocide Systems 3213 Auto Shocker Interior Odor Eliminator available on Amazon etc.

In short,
IT TOTALLY WORKS.
01.gif

Very simple to use. Leaves a mild bleach type smell, but clean and fresh, like an entirely new car inside. For the price and results, I have to spread the word to all those holding back on a car because of a mild or even strong objectionable smell in a car they are looking at.

They even have a room version for your home, they even guarantee to remove skunk smell or your money back. Worth a look.

Last edited:
Biocide-Systems-3213-Interior-Eliminator

Looks interesting.

Years ago, I terminated a test drive of a use car because of the cigarette smell that was overwhelming once the windows were rolled up. I guess it takes some training to be able to tolerate the smell just like it takes time and practice to be able to smoke a whole cigarette.

Looks like a lot of the reviews say the smoke smell returned after 3 days. How long has the odor been gone for you?

Back in the day my friend left a couple things of fishing worms in his car for about a week. When he got back in town we found out quick he left the windows down for a few days but smell never went away. We ended up buying a small bottle of scented lysol and rolled up the windows. Pushed the nozzel down and shoved a screw in it set it in the back seat and a hour later went out and opened the windows.

Smelt pretty strong for a few days but I was suprised how well it worked.

Call a local residential contractor that does fire repairs. They should have or will know someone with an ozone machine. They use these machines in houses that had a small kitchen fire or smoker. U clean the inside of the vehicle the best u can , leave the ozone machine inside the vehicle with the windows up for like 24 hours and it'll kill the smoke smell. I have seen it done many times.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Call a local residential contractor that does fire repairs. They should have or will know someone with an ozone machine. They use these machines in houses that had a small kitchen fire or smoker. U clean the inside of the vehicle the best u can , leave the ozone machine inside the vehicle with the windows up for like 24 hours and it'll kill the smoke smell. I have seen it done many times.

Or call a high quality auto detailer that has an ozone machine that can shock treat the odor and specializes in cars. I have one and use it often for odors on my customers cars, and usually the maximum I run the ozone machine in vehicles for is around 2 hours, but often 30 minutes works quite well if your using a high quality unit.

Make sure you THOROUGHLY Clean the glass. ALL of it. And the seal areas around the glass. You would be surprised how much smoke-nasty get stuck to glass.

Don't forget the carpets, headliner, door panels and upholstery. And get under the seats, too.

If a previous owner smoked in the car be patient. It's going to take time and work to get rid of that awful smell. The inside of the glass might take some extra work as well.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Originally Posted By: barkingspider

Or call a high quality auto detailer that has an ozone machine that can shock treat the odor and specializes in cars. I have one and use it often for odors on my customers cars, and usually the maximum I run the ozone machine in vehicles for is around 2 hours, but often 30 minutes works quite well if your using a high quality unit.

+1 I would scrub down the vehicles and get the interior as clean as possible then use the ozone machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back