Amsoil TorqueDrive ATF
Torco MTF or DCT
Wynn's TC/MTF
Any ATF+4
BG Syncro Shift II
Castrol BOT 303
Driven STF
Neo MTF

I wouldnt add it to ATF, but Lubegard Gear Fluid Supplement can be added to the MTF/MTL's.

IF you use this car at all during the few drier/clear roads, but still quite frigid, 'Blue Canadian Rockies' winter days there, the heavier MTL/MTF fluids (Amsoil MTF, Red Line MTL, Pennzoil Synchromesh. etc.) WILL grind at least first and second in those ambients, until the whole 6060 warms up.
frown.gif

The D4 on the other hand, will NOT.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
IF you use this car at all during the few drier/clear roads, but still quite frigid, 'Blue Canadian Rockies' winter days there, the heavier MTL/MTF fluids (Amsoil MTF, Red Line MTL, Pennzoil Synchromesh. etc.) WILL grind at least first and second in those ambients, until the whole 6060 warms up.
frown.gif

The D4 on the other hand, will NOT.
wink.gif

I don't go out below 40F right now. The tires (Goodyear Supercar) do not support low temperature operation. Once I get a different tire on I won't have any issues going for drives on < 40F clear days.
wink.gif

What would you use for those conditions, a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3??
21.gif

I wouldn't use anything A/S on that car. That car will overpower pretty much any tire that is DOT approved without much effort.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
21.gif

I wouldn't use anything A/S on that car. That car will overpower pretty much any tire that is DOT approved without much effort.

Yep. Easily, too.

I own a car with similar hp but a few hundred less pounds. These are best enjoyed on a warm clear day with dry roads and good SUMMER ONLY tires. Even then you'll likely be required to exercise some restraint!

the only recommended fluid for my t56 magnum is dex/merc 3 so thats what i'm using. with a synthetic such as redline or amsoil and the like it should protect very well and provide smooth shifts.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
21.gif

Of course, that car will easily overpower even 100 treadwear, 'semi-R' compound tires (like the Toyo R888s/RA-1s, or the Nitto NT-01s) even in the hot, dry days of summer.
But marc1 was speaking of taking it out on < 40* F DRY days, so which max performance 'summer' tire would grip in those conditions??
21.gif

Originally Posted By: jmaster
the only recommended fluid for my t56 magnum is dex/merc 3 so thats what i'm using.

That's what Tremec tells you so that it jibes with what the auto manufacturers want to use on their production lines to cut down on the number of different fluids they have to buy and stock.

Even the fluid Rockland Standard Gear markets as their own is a thinner MTL with their name on it, NOT a Dex 3 ATF.
wink.gif

21.gif

That is the exact tire I will replace the Goodyears with when the time comes and yes, it won't ever be a daily driver in the full winter but we get some nice driving Fall days that are crisp. I never hit the corners hard when the pavement is cold regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back