09 VW Tiguan ATF options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at doing the transmission service to my 09 tiguan se fwd. I have researched just about everywhere on how to do it and how to do it properly and also what I need to get it done. My question is on the fluid itself I have searched around for options for fluid besides the VW stuff. I know the requirement is G-055-025-A2. I have found the ravenol fluid from blauparts that will work as well as the fuchs titan 4400 also febi bilstien fluid and the oem vw fluid. I used to be an amsoil dealer but I no longer am so at this point I am looking for another option other than amsiol or redline. I also saw while searching that mobil atf 3309 will work as well as aisin TIV fluid. Are any of these synthetic? Will the mobil work for the service change I would like to use the mobil because it is the cheapest and I can get it the quickest but I don't want to buy it just because it is cheap I want to make sure I am getting the right stuff.

Oem then maybe ravenol... Then Febi?

Who makes tyranny Zf or AISIN??

Do you have adapter for filling it or it has dipstick

I have the oem vas tool for filling

I would stick with OEM transmission fluid for the imports. Just my opinion, you KNOW your getting the right stuff.

Originally Posted By: Ndx

I have been thinking of going with the ravenol because its made in Germany and meets the requirements for VW. I was looking at the Mobil because of the cost trying to keep the price down on the job because I just got married and bought a house so don't have a ton of extra money but I don't want to get the wrong stuff i will pay if I have to to get the right stuff.

I don't have the tool but I am ordering the vas tool and it is an aisin tranny.

Originally Posted By: Veilside
Valvoline makes a full synthetic Maxlife fluid to meet the specs for your fluid. And is readily available at most auto part stores.

Below is a link to the carquest ATF application guide. The red bottle is stocked by most part stores.

http://www.carquestprofessionals.com/catalogs/chemicals/V-6217 ATF Application NON-
Laminated%20Guide%206.10.13.pdf

Thanks for the info that may be a real good option for me I didn't know this would work and I'd rather just be able to go to the auto parts and get what I need.

Originally Posted By: dhoff024

I have been thinking of going with the ravenol because its made in Germany and meets the requirements for VW. I was looking at the Mobil because of the cost trying to keep the price down on the job because I just got married and bought a house so don't have a ton of extra money but I don't want to get the wrong stuff i will pay if I have to to get the right stuff.

Febi is made in Germany too...

I did oem Vw/Porsche bottle on my Porsche / AISIN

Now I'm thinking oem AISIN fluid online around 6$
I have tool if you would like to borrow but then with shipping.. It might make more sense to buy it.

I bought mine via Vw/snapon on site

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it. Seems like I have a few options that should work fine for doing the transmission service all I need to do now is get the tool I have the transmission filter and gasket ordered as well as a new drain plug and gasket I will order some ATF fluid and I should be good to go if anyone has any other options or opinions I would appreciate them but I appreciate all the comments to this point.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I'd stick with Mobil JWS 3309.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mobil JWS 3309 is the original factory fill in this unit.

How do you know that if you don't mind me asking.

OP if you are doing it by book you will need Vdcs/Vagcom to read temperature

Not sure want the big deal with nationalism concerning where the fluid is made. It's an Aisin! Siegheilkamikaze!

Any supplier can provide the automaker fluid as long as it meets Aisin minimal requirements.

I've never found the ZF or Aisin transmissions picky about fluid.

Originally Posted By: dhoff024

If you can't afford to buy a transmission, then you really cannot afford to gamble by using the aftermarket stuff. Despite all of the so-called "guarantees" by the aftermarket suppliers, when was the last time that you saw one of those small companies pay out with no questions asked? And no one on this forum is going to bail you out financially when your transmission goes poop, and VW plays hardball with you because you have aftermarket fluid in there.

Here's what you need - get the genuine VW/Audi fluid, the genuine filter kit and the new sealing plugs:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Tiguan_1-4_Motion-2.0T/Maintenance/Transmission/

Last edited:
[/quote]

If you can't afford to buy a transmission, then you really cannot afford to gamble by using the aftermarket stuff. Despite all of the so-called "guarantees" by the aftermarket suppliers, when was the last time that you saw one of those small companies pay out with no questions asked? And no one on this forum is going to bail you out financially when your transmission goes poop, and VW plays hardball with you because you have aftermarket fluid in there.

Here's what you need - get the genuine VW/Audi fluid, the genuine filter kit and the new sealing plugs:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Tiguan_1-4_Motion-2.0T/Maintenance/Transmission/ [/quote]

Just so you know the link posted below is Febi Atf not Oem, that's why it's so cheap.

Just so you know the link posted below is Febi Atf not Oem, that's why it's so cheap.

The OE fluid is also listed on that page.

Sorry, You are correct I looked at the kit...

I still think that Febi or Ravenol might be a good choice.

Febi is actually a very large German company well respected in Eu

Ravenol has nice list of official approvals, and most of the products arendirect replacement by part number not just universal replacements.

As I mentioned for my Aisin Porsche I went with OEM Atf... But next time around I might get ravenol due being pao based with nice cold flow properties. And I don't think you can go wrong with Oem aisin Atf, they after all made the transmission

Last edited:
Ndx:

Just to let you know Aisin does not make their own fluid either, it is supplied by one of the major petro companies, and the supplier depends on the area of the world they are in. It is probably
Idemitsu for Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back