2008 528i - ZF trans - 185k miles on Original ATF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda chuckle when somebody says='if they can afford a .... they can afford....'. There have always been 'pretenders' out there-and from what I hear, more in recent times than years ago. I've talked to salesmen who say that many people buy/lease higher end cars (and housing, ect)to look 'sucessfull', and put themselves under financial conditions that they themselves would never do. In my career in a Honeywell engineering dept, the Corvettes in the parking lot were usually driven by sales/marketing types-they might be parked next to an older generic 4 door owner by the chief engineer who made 5x the $. Perceptions perceptions...Dan Mpls. Mn.

Sales/marketing guys do have to deal with perceptions. If a rep comes to your company in a ratty old car, then it oozes a desparate company who may well be unable to meet your needs. Or perhaps more importantly, isn't able to properly wine and dine your purchasing dept...

Recently I realized that, if I did some interviewing for the company I work for, then I couldn't drive my ratty car on those days. No way I'd take the person out for lunch in my rusty car. Even if I vacuum it out the rust marks look poor for the task at hand.

Same here. I buy drums of Super 88 degreaser to soak my uniforms in before washing, so they are spotless every time. Spray detail the truck and clean the interior every day. Detailed once a week.

People love to invest in a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back