Is Gumout 2x concentrated 100% PEA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rjacket
Originally Posted By: mongo161
The only products that use the trade-name "Regane" are the SOPUS products. Once the operation was sold to ITW...the name Regane no longer appears on any label of Gumout products.

This is a totally inaccurate statement. Just go to the Gumout website and you will see the usage of Regane on the bottles, in the text.

IMO...The name,"Regane", is to Shell what the name,"Techron", is to Chevron....it is their patented trade-names for PEA.

There is no such thing as a "patented trade-name". It is a registered trademark. Using the word patented suggests that they own something to do with the technology which is not true.

Since ITW acquired Gumout, you no longer see the name "Regane" on any of the Gumout products. Apparently, SOPUS did not sell the rights to use their trade-name, Regane, to ITW. It appears that SOPUS only the rights to use the name Gumout. People who do not read labels very carefully would never notice the name "Regane" is now missing from all Gumout products.

Again, this is a totally inaccurate statement. Just go to the Gumout website and you will see the usage of Regane on the bottles, in the text.

It is you who is not reading labels very carefully!

Just ignore everything that dude says. Most of it is downright wrong.

Thanks rjacket and all for your posts on this topic of PEA.

I only use Chevron Techron and Gumout/Regane Fuel System Cleaners as a carrier for my dosing of TC-W3.

I only use these Fuel System cleaners, (in the case of Gumout/Regane, the older SOPUS product, unconcentrated 12 ounce bottle), using a dose of about 3 ounces along with the same of TC-W3, at each fill up.

A steady dose to each tank full IMO...is the way to go rather than shocking the fuel system.

This has been a great topic....and I hope that one day we do find out the actual PEA contents of each product.

Cheers.

Here, here!
I too use the GUMOUT All-In-One and CHEVRON Techron

As I'm writing this, I am holding a 20oz(treats up to 35 gal) golden bottle of All-In-One which although doesn't say on it "REGANE" but does say on the side of the bottle "Distributed by SOPUS Products"

It's a 6-8 month old bottle from BigLot's for $4.00 and I have several of them. I may use some today!
smile.gif

I picked up 4 of those 20 ounce bottles last weekend from Big Lots with the 20% off price.

IMO...a very good deal. I use 3 ounces of these unconcentrated Fuel System cleaners with 3 ounces of TC-W3 at each fill up. No problems.

The ITWG brand, that purchased Gumout from SOPUS, in the new concentrated bottles I don't use since I'm loaded up with the older SOPUS Gumout/Regane Complete Fuel system cleaner and these 4 older 20 ounce bottles of Gumout. I've also got a stash of Chevron Techron Fuel System cleaner in 12 ounce and 20 ounce bottles.

I mix up a batch in an empty quart MMO bottle...16 ounces of each...and pre-fill the empty 6 ounce bottles from Gumout.

I like use the empty Gumout 6 ounce bottles or 5 ounce Lucas gas treatment bottles....when I can find them....to keep pre filled with the mix. Saves time on a long trip...just empty the contents from the 6 ounce bottle into the gas tank and pump away.

Last edited:
I posted last week about my 20% off Jan 28th BigLot's experience. For the car stuff, I only bought some windshield washer fluid and Peak 50/50 LL coolant just to keep around the garage. There was no more REGANE FSC. Most of our shopping was for the household. Just the everyday stuff we use all the time.

We bought quite a bit of stuff. I think we saved about $18.00 with the 20% off
smile.gif

Great summary.
The BigLots by me has the following Gumout products, all say use every 3000 miles;

All In One 20oz $4
Large Vehicle Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner 20oz $2.50
Diesel Concentrated 20oz $2
Regine Complete 12oz, $3

From the labels it seems the FIC likely does not have the friction modifiers and lubrication.

Do you know if PEA % is the same for all these?
Where is the product id found on the product for the MSDS?

All In One & Regane are the same 40% to 60% PEA. Skip the others.

All In One is best value for money.

If I found the correct MSDS it lists Large Vehicle as 30-40% PEA, All-in-one is 40-60% fuel additive which probably includes other than PEA, bet the PEA is 30-40%.

Good info. Kmart had some 2x concentrate on clearance for $2 and was still sopus, gonna have to stock up!

The MSDS 2004 for Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner by SOPUS shows 30-40% PEA.

Big Lots prices
Regane Complete FSC $3/(12oz*35%) = .71 per PEA oz.
Large Vehicle Concentrated FIC $2.5/(20oz*35%)= .36 per PEA oz.
All-In-One Complete FSC & Anti-Wear $4/(20oz*50%)= .4 per additive oz (may be largely PEA).

All labels say use every 3000 miles so All-In-One may not have more PEA than the rest. Also some Large Vehicle Concentrated FIC were marked $4.

I would say for PEA value the Large Vehicle Concentrated FIC is best value, except maybe the diesel version at $2 may better if it is gasoline compatible.

It's unlikely that FIC has 35% PEA. Check the advertising and the various quotes from Gumout spokespeople as well as the logical progression of products they sell.

To clean FIs requires the least PEA. To clean the entire fuel system requires the most PEA.

My logic in buying the All In One Complete Fuel System Cleaner is that even if it had 20% PEA it would be the same cost per oz of PEA as other PEA cleaners available in the market.

Last edited:
Yes I found another reference that the FIC is not the same as FSC. I will have to check the shelves at Big Lots again to see if the $4 products were all FSC. Strange that none of the MSDS data bases I checked have the Large Vehicle Concentrated FIC. I would think there would be a product id on the packages that could be used, especially with various date version MSDS's.

I found a Gumout All-In-One MSDS match for the number left top of the UPC (5050472). The number is listed on the MSDS under Synonyms below Product Name. Now to see if I can find 161104.

I found the MSDS for the Gumout Large Vehicle Fuel Injector Cleaner 161104, <10% detergent. The MSDS is under the name Gumout XL Fuel Injector Cleaner and there are apparently three Gumout products all the same. I have to return what I purchased and buy one with a MSDS listing known amount of Polyether Amine (Regane 7727 or Large Vehicle FSC 9040907, both 30-40%). I may keep the All-In-One even though PEA % is unknown.

So i bought a bottle of 2X All in One complete ... i'm at the pump at the gas station and peel off the seal, few sec later i'm thinking, "is there a fisherman parked around here?" then i smell the bottle, whoa very fishy

then i looked for the word Regane, not on the bottle so this is the new batch non-SOPUS

I am resurrecting this thread, because I want to know what product ACTUALLY have PEA and at what concentration.

I have found on the Material Safety Data Sheet for Gumout 2X Regane High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner (MSDS# 10713 Version 2.0 Effective Date 11/17/2009) there s only one ingredient listed.

Naphthalene >= 0.10 - < 1.00 %

Who knows what the other 99% is !

The Material Safety Data Sheet for Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner (MSDS# 620 Version Date 4/8/2004)

Kerosene 40-70%
Ployerger Amine 30-40%

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: theoldwizard1

The Material Safety Data Sheet for Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner (MSDS# 620 Version Date 4/8/2004)

Kerosene 40-70%
Ployerger Amine 30-40%

Can't find the edit button. That should read

Polyether Amine 30-40%

So, can we assume that the "NEW" GUMOUT Multi-System Tune-Up(site sponsor) is their[Gumout's] TOP of the Line, fuel system cleaning product?

Last edited:
Any body know why the Gumout Multi system tuneup is off the shelves. The white can, just like Seafoam ones, is gone from every store around me. A dude at AZ told me it's only online now. Just the little clear bottles are in the stores.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back