brake pad anti squeal plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

Just bought a new set of brake pads and discs for our 2008 Mazda6. I bought Ferodo premier parts(made in the US for those of you who likes that)

When looking at the new pads I noticed that they are not equipped with anti squeal plates like the old original akebono pads are.

So. My question is. Is the ferodo Premier pads made in a way that make the squeal plates not Needed. Or should I try to find some loose plates to mount.

Anyone here knows why some pads has the plates and some don,t

And have a nice weekend.
Søren

even for aftermarket brake pads: I always opt for the ones that came with anti-squeal backing plate (if the original design/factory pads call for it).

I have no luck running non-backing plate type (such as Wagner Thermoquiet) on an application that came originally with backing plates.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
even for aftermarket brake pads: I always opt for the ones that came with anti-squeal backing plate (if the original design/factory pads call for it).

I have no luck running non-backing plate type (such as Wagner Thermoquiet) on an application that came originally with backing plates.

Q.

I've had the opposite luck. Wager ThermoQuiet pads have performed exceptionally well on all my applications, even ones which had an OE shim.

Originally Posted By: sxg6
What is the part number of the Ferodo pads?

The part number is FDB4062

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back