2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So, as per the Subaru thread, we were advised by my buddy, who is the sales manager, that they had just got this car in on a trade. Car has been undercoated, not a spot on the body, and only has 118,000Km on it
thumbsup2.gif

It is loaded with leather, Navigation (Alpine factory setup), tint...etc.

It has the 5.7L "HEMI" with MDS, which, in application (we put around 500Km on it last weekend) yields excellent fuel economy, which surprised the pants off of both myself and my wife. This one is automatic, something I had not planned on getting, but then I hadn't planned on replacing the Subaru either. Based on Steve and Clevy's notes on the transmissions in these cars, I wasn't bothered by this fact. In application, the transmission has absolutely incredible programming; the best automatic programming I've ever experienced.

The high belt-line took a bit to get used to for my wife in terms of visibility. She is quite short (4'11") and so it took some tweaking with the seat to get it where she needed to be.

The engine has fantastic power. And since the shift programming is what I would describe as brilliant, it just makes it feel that much stronger.

After spending all of last weekend in it, we were very comfortable moving ahead with it as the replacement for the Subaru. As part of the deal it is being dressed in 4 new Michelin Pilot A/S2's and I'm ordering steelies and some decent snows for it next month, as I will be driving it (wife still wants to drive the Expedition for the winter) and the M5 will be hibernating in the garage.

And the obligatory pic:

ChargerRT01.jpg

(with my wife in the drivers seat)

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice car, what made you want to get rid of the Subaru?

See the Subaru thread for the details on that one.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Not bad for a winter beater!
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, LOL! It'll be my wife's summer wheels and my winter wheels. The Expedition will be parked next summer I think. At least that's the plan we are going with at the moment.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice car, what made you want to get rid of the Subaru?

See the Subaru thread for the details on that one.
Oops just saw that thread. Sounds like a real lemon. What's the actual MPG on a Charger with the V8?

The Charger is rated 17/25, we averaged 26Mpg this past weekend, which was excellent. That's hand-calculated.

The Charger is rated 17/25, we averaged 26Mpg this past weekend, which was excellent. That's hand-calculated.

That's better MPG than my wife's C300. LOL!

Congrats on a new ride!

So, as per the Subaru thread, we were advised by my buddy, who is the sales manager, that they had just got this car in on a trade. Car has been undercoated, not a spot on the body, and only has 118,000Km on it
thumbsup2.gif

It is loaded with leather, Navigation (Alpine factory setup), tint...etc.

It has the 5.7L "HEMI" with MDS, which, in application (we put around 500Km on it last weekend) yields excellent fuel economy, which surprised the pants off of both myself and my wife. This one is automatic, something I had not planned on getting, but then I hadn't planned on replacing the Subaru either. Based on Steve and Clevy's notes on the transmissions in these cars, I wasn't bothered by this fact. In application, the transmission has absolutely incredible programming; the best automatic programming I've ever experienced.

The high belt-line took a bit to get used to for my wife in terms of visibility. She is quite short (4'11") and so it took some tweaking with the seat to get it where she needed to be.

The engine has fantastic power. And since the shift programming is what I would describe as brilliant, it just makes it feel that much stronger.

After spending all of last weekend in it, we were very comfortable moving ahead with it as the replacement for the Subaru. As part of the deal it is being dressed in 4 new Michelin Pilot A/S2's and I'm ordering steelies and some decent snows for it next month, as I will be driving it (wife still wants to drive the Expedition for the winter) and the M5 will be hibernating in the garage.

Be aware: you CANNOT go down on wheel size for snows. 17's will not clear the R/T's front brakes. My Magnum was darn near unstoppable on 225/60R18 Winterforces.

Also, some cars of that era had aluminum wheels that tended to have the finish flake off...if you find a set of those, they might be cheaper than steelies. (And if it's for snows...who cares?)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Be aware: you CANNOT go down on wheel size for snows. 17's will not clear the R/T's front brakes. My Magnum was darn near unstoppable on 225/60R18 Winterforces.

Also, some cars of that era had aluminum wheels that tended to have the finish flake off...if you find a set of those, they might be cheaper than steelies. (And if it's for snows...who cares?)

Yes, the dealer advised me of that. There are specific steelies they get for these cars and so that's the route we are going.

Looks nice and clean. If I may ask, what makes the transmission programming so great? What are the shift points like that are so different than what you are used to?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Looks nice and clean. If I may ask, what makes the transmission programming so great? What are the shift points like that are so different than what you are used to?

It isn't the shift points but the way it almost seems to predict what gear you want to be in when you are driving it. Hard to explain, you'd have to experience it really.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Very nice car

Thank you
smile.gif
My wife is absolutely in love with it, LOL

Originally Posted By: gregk24

It isn't the shift points but the way it almost seems to predict what gear you want to be in when you are driving it. Hard to explain, you'd have to experience it really.

I see. So the transmission is very responsive. Enjoy your new ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back