Fill Tire Pressure To What Tire or Vehicle Says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: datech
I wonder how many tire gauges out there are actually accurate. I bet many are +- 5-10 psi.

I've got many gauges, cheap and more expensive. They all read within 1 PSI of each other.

Pretty much my experience.

If they aren't obviously damaged, they are all there in that ballpark.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/85474/best-tyre-pressure-gauge-2014-group-test

I dropped an Accugage dial gauge once. And once damaged there was no way that I was going to be able to fix it. Doing nothing, it was reading at 10 PSI. You can drop a stick gauge over and over again, and it should still read accurately. However, a dial gauge is much preferred provided it isn't dropped.

I have heard of dial gauges being calibrated for professional applications.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Ha Ha, and this all from a retired electronics dude.. Thanks for your opinion Im going to stop here because i am a gentleman.

I'd have to say all your posts including the OP all reek of trolling.

congrats.
Golden+Internet+Troll+Award.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd have to say all your posts including the OP all reek of trolling.

I have to say, I agree. Whether the OP meant it or not, it sure came off that way.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I know my new car dealer puts in the maximum the tires allow and i have to adjust them when i get home.

The dealer does that to my dad's F350 every time they work on it. I think it's a CYA ... tires won't be underinflated if he tows with it, I guess.

An empty pickup with 80PSI is ... fun

It seems pretty confusing why tire would expand when it is exposed to some higher temperature when in fact it is a polymer that have some elastic properties that even when it is deformed it tends to go back to its original form. Well, I guess everything is not absolute and these materials are temperature sensetive because they have lower melting points, so I answered my query.haha. Anyways, when driving I usually use pressure slightly higher than 35 PSI which I usually set using my Mountaincrest Digital Tire Gauge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back