Do you celebrate mileage milestones for your cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i.e. 100k, 150k, 200k, 250k etc.

Do you do anything special -- maintenance, wash/wax, detailing, take a picture of the odometer, call your spouse? Or do you not bother.

I've got the Taurus wagon in my sig approaching 100k and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, if anything, when it rolls around. Oil change won't be due for while so that's out. Maybe just a wash, wax and vacuum of the interior.

Curious about what you folks do or don't do.

My 1995 Sable had over 100k when I got it, so this was the next "fun" milestone:

I drove the long way home so I could pull over on a small street and get the picture.

It got an oil change, trans fluid change, and power steering fluid change at 125k. Up to 131,000 now.

Last edited:
I do. I take a picture and maybe do something special for the car depending on if it needs anything sometimes a good pat on the dash is suffice.

I hug it. I pat and stroke the dashboard.

In a remarkable coincidence, it turned 100,000 and then 200,000 on the same stretch of roadway, unplanned.

Originally Posted By: Bob5150
My 1995 Sable had over 100k when I got it, so this was the next "fun" milestone:

I drove the long way home so I could pull over on a small street and get the picture.

It got an oil change, trans fluid change, and power steering fluid change at 125k. Up to 131,000 now.

That's awesome!

i reward it with another tank of gas, and another trip to my office.

that's all it deserves considering the inopportune time when it leaves me stranded.

who doesn't???????

At least a cake or a dinner with the family. But we prefer to celebrate the day that we bought the car (birthday) rather than the mileage itself. A cousin of mine once throw out a party when he bought a sofa.

Some people will say that it is just a thing and it doesn't deserve that treatment, but to celebrate you don't need a very complicated reason, for example the winter solstice, or a cousin of mine once throw out a party when he bought a sofa.

Every year when they pass state inspection I do a happy dance.
banana2.gif

For some clunkers, they get an annual oil change after I make it home with another sticker.

Well my maintenance is always up to date, as are the washes and waxes. So usually I take a pic.

20140830_0010041_zps57f8943f.jpg

Took this on a recent trip.

Last edited:
No, I do not. It's just a car and it's just a number. Given that most odometers are very slightly off, the number reflected isn't the true number of miles, especially at higher mileage.

I guess I smile when my vehicle hits 25/50/75 and 100K. No celebration though. I just notice how quick I put the miles on when in a vehicle I like.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
No, I do not. It's just a car and it's just a number. Given that most odometers are very slightly off, the number reflected isn't the true number of miles, especially at higher mileage.

Uh huh... and the dates on the calendar are an arbritrary construct intended to mark off laps around the sun. Try telling that to Mrs. Rivit the next time you miss a birthday or anniversary.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Uh huh... and the dates on the calendar are an arbritrary construct intended to mark off laps around the sun. Try telling that to Mrs. Rivit the next time you miss a birthday or anniversary.

LOL... Of course those numbers are also sometimes overemphasized inorder to "consumerize" benchmarks in time and force people to feel that they "deserve" gifts.

Anything below 200k doesnt much interest me because it is so commonplace. 200k+ on say the 50k intervals are interesting merely because most folks never encounter such a condition on their odometer. but its merely a curiosity.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Well my maintenance is always up to date, as are the washes and waxes. So usually I take a pic.

20140830_0010041_zps57f8943f.jpg

Took this on a recent trip.

Good but you should have reset your trip odometer properly so you could have gotten 123456 7890
smile.gif

I took a picture of the cherokee passing 100K and I'll take a picture of it passing 200K (only 8000 more to go!).

I think once the focus hits 100K I'll feel like it's getting a bit worn in. Probably will start replacing things at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back