Ambiguous bumper stickers/decals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I have been told my Gadsden Flag sticker is racist/ sexist etc.

More tolerance. More embraced diversity.

There's only two things I hate in this world:

1. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and

2. The Dutch

-Austin Powers

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I have been told my Gadsden Flag sticker is racist/ sexist etc.

More tolerance. More embraced diversity.

Could you elaborate please?

Those suggesting the flying of a flag from our nation's revolution must mean you are a racist. They are probably the same who would sport an embrace diversity sticker. They are willing to accept diversity as long as it's one of their approved modes.

Those suggesting the flying of a flag from our nation's revolution must mean you are a racist. They are probably the same who would sport an embrace diversity sticker. They are willing to accept diversity as long as it's one of their approved modes.

Makes perfect sense. I am willing to bet your assumptions are true to a t as well.

Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Religious freedom and tolerance is a founding principle of these United States.

The Pledge of Allegiance ends with "freedom and justice for all."

Some how in 'Merica, a bumper sticker that agrees with either of these means "tree hugging liberal sissy" or an euphemism which at one time was a description for a bundle of sticks...

Thats why we have In God We Trust on the money and swear to God in court. The founding fathers could not foresee a nation without God and saturated with perverts.
To them such a world as ours today was unimaginable.

Im amazed this thread has went this far talking about bumper stickers and stick families.. Some stickers are "cheesey" some are funny, some are offensive, but push comes to shove its a sticker on a car.. Ive rolled my eyes at many, had a good laugh over a few more, got a little steamed at a few, But its not my car, not my sticker.. life moves forward..

Stickers are personalization of respective peoples beliefs/accomplishments/or downright things they like.
my car has a few...

141hxxz.jpg

when they fade, I take them off and replace. Captain America, Pretty Sweet, and the "Smiley Face" Neff sticker have been replaced with an Army Armor Sticker, a Girl Skateboard Sticker, OEF Vet and a Pennzoil Sticker.

Regardless, I have a Amsoil sticker and an American Flag one on the my Rangers back window, as well as a Gumby sticker.

Stickers done right, not trashy, and kept up with can be tasteful.

My Skateboard helmet has a few. OEF/"Afghanistan I served", IAVA (look it up if you don't know), Spy Optics, and a Redbull one.
I've skateboarded for awhile. Actually never knew as a kid and picked it up in the Army.

Funny going on leave and being the only clean shaven professional haircut guy at a skatepark.

I've skateboarded in public. Little kids come up to me. Being a 6 foot tall guy with tattoos and a skateboard parents tend to be rude to you when their kids talk to you.
Shoot, just being in public and a kid looks at you and smiles or says "hi" and you say "Hi" back they see your tattoos and freak out and say "don't talk to him, hes a bad man"

I just smile, and carry on.
I did one time have a lady tell me I was a sinner and a loser and a "scumdog of the universe" when I parked at a local store. she was putting groceries in her car with her 2 little ones, and saw my stickers and tattoos and her kids said "hi"

then I went in my trunk to grab my dress uniform to take to the cleaners next door to the grocery store. Her attitude changed quick and ended up thanking me.

Moral of the story: If the person whom owns whatever/ has whatever, don't judge them, you don't know them, what does it matter to you?

I admit, it's an assumption. There are some who sport the "Embrace Diversity" signage who are really willing to live and let live.

Most I've encountered are not. Maybe I've just encountered all the bad ones
smile.gif

There are knuckleheads equally dispersed at all locations of the socio-political spectrum, so it's not just those on the left. Like I said, you can find all sorts of relgious bumper sticker festooned cars that might make you ask, HWJD?

How Would J* Drive?

Bottom line, if you are going to sport a bumper sticker, you better live up to the orthodoxy you are preaching.

Makes perfect sense. I am willing to bet your assumptions are true to a t as well.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
Either.

Consequences are consequences.

Society can stop supporting ideas or the people who express them. e.g- Company says something society deems unpopular, people take their business elsewhere. Free speech is not violated.

True, that happened to the Dixie Chicks some years back.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Unlike some members of this board that have stated they will key someones car, if they don't like a certain bumper sticker, or get all road-ragey... I'm fine with people putting those stickers on their own vehicles.

You should use your surplus stickers to "redecorate" vehicles with stickers you don't like.
wink.gif

oh, i could have fun with that one...

I'm @ the opposite end of the political spectrum(self described "Pinko Commie Liberal") from the majority in this region(staunch conservative/tea-party nutters), I have around 200 Dennis Kucinich for President bumper stickers from the 2004 campaign, that i got as a lot for a few cents on ebay in 2010 to replace the one i had on my previous car that i had just sold.

I wonder how much time i would serve for "vandalism" for covering various GOP stickers i see around town....

I think it's about time that the Prius and Volvo owners with Obama/Biden 08 bumper stickers remove them. Are they really proud of what they have done ?
Here's a test for tolerance: Which vehicle do you think would have a greater chance of being vandalized at a public place ? One with a Hillary 2016 sticker or one with a Palin 2016 sticker ? I think we know the answer.

Originally Posted By: Dwight_Frye
Which vehicle do you think would have a greater chance of being vandalized at a public place ? One with a Hillary 2016 sticker or one with a Palin 2016 sticker ? I think we know the answer.

Do we, or do we just assume that we know based on which side we support (that which occupies the moral high ground in the narrative that we subscribe to, if any)?

You know, just like with pretty much every other political debate that takes places in the US.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Stickers are personalization of respective peoples beliefs/accomplishments/or downright things they like.
my car has a few...

Moral of the story: If the person whom owns whatever/ has whatever, don't judge them, you don't know them, what does it matter to you?

I get that. Again, I never said I am "anti-sticker," though I don't put them on my vehicle, but I am perplexed by the intended meaning of some I have seen recently. I just can't figure out what they are trying to communicate. If you put a sticker for a brand or organization on your car, I get that you are a fan of that organization or brand. If you put a sticker for a cause on your car, I get that you are for that cause.

But this, I have no idea...
$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ1-BQlwfRpOT!~~60_35.JPG

Does that have an actual meaning, or is it really just aimless expression of nothing that people pay for? If so, I need to get in on this business.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

I also hate the giant Cummins emblem plastered all over every Dodge diesel truck. We get that it has a Cummins engine since we can hear it a half mile away and see all the black smoke, no need to advertise. There is one truck around town that has a large Cummins "C" on every single window of the truck besides the windshield. I'm not sure how they see anything.

mimm5dhfM_mTd3RnTfsm-7A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back