Who makes a full Synthetic Media oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know of two companies that make a full synthetic media filter. Frams XG/X2 filter and Amsoils Ea filter. Both of these filters have a wire mesh backing to support the media. I think the wire mesh backing is also helpfull to prevent the media from "pinching" together to restrict flow. I was just wondering, anyone else make a full synthetic media oil filter?

By the way. Amsoils Ea filter list price is about $15.10. Fram's is $9.90. However, Amsoil says their filter is good for up to 25,000 miles. Fram says that their filter is good for up to 7,000 miles.
shocked.gif
I don't quite understand the reasoning behind Frams 7,000 claim since any filter should be good for that many miles.

You could look at stainless steel media filters, too. They are not synthetic, but they are not paper, either.

Mobil 1 filters may be all synthetic media. The mostly discontinued AC-Delco UltraGuard Gold oil filters had synthetic media, as did another made by Champion Labs & sold under the (I *think*) "Hard Driver" label.

I believe the Fleetguard Stratapore media is fully synthetic,and I just happen to have a pic.Sorry, kinda big....

-

M1 filters are NOT all synth. If you read the product sheet on their website closely you'll find that it is a blend of synth and cellulose. Some folks believe that this is better than all-synth (but I don't remember the reason off the top of my head).

The blended element is less costly than a full synthetic.

"Better" is a relative term.

Performance wise blended medias will perform equal or 'better" than synthetics and vice versa.

There are synthetic medias that are 25 micron absolute. There are blended medias that are 10 micron absolute.

Which is better?

Synthetic medias handle higher temperature fluids "better".

I have used many Hard Driver Filters and still use them (what I can find), but I didn't know they were made by Champion Labs. Can someone please confirm?

quote:

Wait so is this a fram worth using?

That oil filter performance study that was published somewhere around here (the one with the Bubble Point Tester), revealed the Fram XG series to be excellent filters.

Phil

hard to believe that fram makes a decent filter, things change i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back