Who's responsible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Tell me if this is right, I am sure it is. My one good spam can is solid tight (metal spam can wont allow me to push the metal in towards the ammo), however with this one, the top of the lid is pushed slightly up so you can see what it was once molded onto the rest of the spam can and the sides are loose (I can push the metal in and it will retract back out). That to me is clear evidence of a seal broken. It is pushed back out by the air moving back into the container.

If you want to be sure, empty the can then submerge it under water for 5 min to test the seal. Then remove it, dry the outside off and open it up to see if there is any water inside.

It's a "spam can", not the resealable type.

Like this...
1971_factory10_zps200acb7e.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
You can still find the ".50 cal" ammo cans for about $10 that you can put the ammo in for long term storage. You can even throw a desiccant pack if you want. I agree with hatt, that it's not worth the hassle of sending it back. If it really bothers you, contact the seller and tell them what happened. Suggest that they refund you $10 or so to cover the cost of an ammo can for storage.

Ammo can is a much better option. Plenty of people have opened surplus spam cans to find the ammo in poor condition.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Ammo can is a much better option. Plenty of people have opened surplus spam cans to find the ammo in poor condition.

Very true.

You have to inspect the vinyl/plastic "battle packs", closely ,too. I received a couple of crates of Portuguese (FNM) 7.62x51 ammo that had been infested by some sort of insect. I have no idea what the insects were, but they chewed tiny, perfectly circular little holes right through the plastic, allowing moisture to reach the cardboard boxes of ammo inside.

DSC_0017a.jpg

corroded_port_surplus_fmh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back