is this the right stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed coolant in my 1997 Avalon with O'Reilly Universal A/C it said it was silicate & phosphate free is thia OK ?

Yeah, although it may not be optimal, you'll be fine! I think that Toyota Long Life(RED) is what you really want but, I've been using universal coolants for 20 years and never an issue.

Aftermarket coolants that meet Asian specs are:

Zerex Asian Coolant(Black Jug)
&
Peak Global Lifetime(Gold Jug)

Both come in 50/50 and full strength

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yeah, although it may not be optimal, you'll be fine! I think that Toyota Long Life(RED) is what you really want but, I've been using universal coolants for 20 years and never an issue.

Aftermarket coolants that meet Asian specs are:

Zerex Asian Coolant(Black Jug)
&
Peak Global Lifetime(Gold Jug)

Both come in 50/50 and full strength

Where did you find Zerex Asian in full strenght?

+1 on that question. I just bought Zerex Asian and 50/50 was all that was in the NAPA store's catalog.
They've always ordered me anything I've ever needed.
Perhaps it's not in the NAPA master catalog but does exist in the Zerex catalog.

I think it's completely uncool when concentrate is not available.

I get the idea of promoting "drain & fills" in the cooling system as timely maintenance but what happens when a system is dirty, neglected and needs a full emptying? Kira

My mistake!
I have not seen the ZEREX Asian full strength. I had assumed that it was available like the PGL and I should have checked first. I double checked their site and it is NOT!

Please forgive me
frown.gif

CB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back