a winter for the ages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: telecat
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'm sure many won't like my bumper sticker, but this is what's on the Beetle. People realize my point when I step on it and it rolls some coal.

10qxfdc.jpg

I'd key your car.

You keying his car, will only cause more voc to be released to the atmosphere when he gets the paint repaired. Prep, priming, painting etc. That would make you a hypocrite.
The reason I have the sticker on there is purely for humorous reasons. It doesn't matter if it blows a little black smoke out every once in a while when I step on it, I'm pretty sure it's still more environmentally friendly than a gasser driving down the road, with less emissions. I took it to emissions a month ago and it passed with flying colors, was barely on the chart and there isn't anything wrong with it that causes the smoke, it's a diesel. It's done it since it was new. Another humorous reason I have it is it's so ironic, at 40 mpg I'm using far less of Earth's resources than many many others, and it gets a 10k mile OCI.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The global warming climate change fruitcakes will be using this in their charts as further proof of an Impending Cataclysm.
Last decade it was inevitable that we will all go up in a burning ball of fire, now it seems we are all going out as ice cubes.
crackmeup2.gif

Interesting, right-wing politics are allowed on the forum but not left wing. Fascinating.

First of all, not true. He voiced an opinion and you made it political. Its amazing how you cannot have an opinion on anything these days without someone making it political. Are you not allowed to have an opinion anymore? Or have we banned those too?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I've never heard of the website till today I clicked on it because the farmers almanac is also predicting a hard winter

The Farmers Almanac almost always predicts a coming hard winter.
Sometimes, like last year, they're right.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I assume there is a pair of testicles hanging from the hitch too?

I hate seeing that. Makes me wanna castrate the truck.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

I hate seeing that. Makes me wanna castrate the truck.

I've always thought about buying some of those, and hanging onto others cars, and seeing how long until they notice. I can't see anyone intentionally hanging a pair on their cars.

I wouldn't touch Nick1994's car, but the fact that he rolls coal in it doesn't endear him to me one bit.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I wouldn't touch Nick1994's car, but the fact that he rolls coal in it doesn't endear him to me one bit.
So you never punch the gas to merge into traffic or anything? I can't stop the smoke. It's the nature of the beast

A number of gassers roll smoke too, when punched.

Not sure I'd go about advertising my car does. I still contemplate dumping my coal burner because it does roll coal. I should look into why it does--some smoke is ok (like anyone would notice, not while yakking on the phones and sippin' their latte) but mine has been freight train lately.

Like always: we'll see what kind of winter it is, in about six month's time, and it's about worthless trying to plan otherwise.

I'm sure many won't like my bumper sticker, but this is what's on the Beetle. People realize my point when I step on it and it rolls some coal.

10qxfdc.jpg

I'd key your car.

So vandalism is an acceptable response to an obviously joke bumper sticker?

How long until you're as fanatical as ISIS?

I see lots of those idiots with big trucks rolling coal thinking that is in some way cool. I just shake my head. Absolute stupidity.
When my power stroke cube van is coughing out mud like that I get it fixed,yet there are people foolish enough to pay money for the dubious honour of creating that mud.
Hillarious and sad.

I usually encounter these numb nuts in traffic, rolling coal on all of us.

Also, they're called "truck nuts," get it right!
crackmeup2.gif

People who resort to political statements and can't concisely argue a valid point are allowed on here too. Should they be banned?

Interesting, right-wing politics are allowed on the forum but not left wing. Fascinating.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

10qxfdc.jpg

I'd key your car.

So vandalism is an acceptable response to an obviously joke bumper sticker?

How long until you're as fanatical as ISIS?

He is a poster child for punishing vandalism with a caning. Say..10 strokes, to the face.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
In find this quite compelling:

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/c...uments-debunked

One day I think we'll look at climate change the way we now view smoking and wonder why were the deniers so stupid.

Really? What accounted for the ice ages and other hot periods throughout Earth's history? Cause we were not here. Didn't those same scientists predict no polar ice by now? Yet it's pretty healthy. Didn't they predict NYC would be in the water shortly? Yet no signs of that happening.

I also find it interesting that the government, the same ones that want a cap and trade carbon tax are telling us how bad this is. And "oh wait, I've got the solution - cap and trade!". You have to follow the $$.

Don't forget your grade school science class. Plants take in CO2 and return O2. So it's a feedback loop. More CO2, more plants to clean it. We do need to plant more vegetation and stop slashing forests. But that doesn't increase the $$ for the government's coffers.

I track weather and here in central PA 2012 was a hot year. 2013 was cooler than 2012 and 2014 is shaping up to be colder than 2013. We're in a downward trend for a couple years.

The Earth's climate has changed since it was formed. It will change mostly irregardless of what we do. Heck, a couple hundred thousand years N. America was under ice. It could happen again.

Plants give back the carbon they absorb when they die and decay. That is, unless that carbon is buried and locked away. We humans are now digging up that buried once-organic-matter and burning at fuel.

Both burning fuel and being green is worth a lot of money, so which side is really more trust-worthy? The fact is, we may not know the true answer until something big happens or after it's too late I do anything. I'm a bit of a pessimist, but even I don't think the latter will come to be.

Realistically, change will come out of necessity, when our current fuels become to expensive not to fervently find a suitable replacement. While we continue our efforts to sip fuel and clean up our tail pipes others are looking for better ways to procure fuels that were technologically cost-prohibitive. It makes me think that, had we simply burned through as much as we could as quickly as we could and fuel prices were monstrously high would we have made it a priority to change? We've seen small cars and changes of h its, but our culture hasn't changed. My generation learned as kids from nickelodean that we should turn the water off while we brush our teeth, but that was conditional. Many who might conserve in one area are blatantly wasteful in others. It's human nature to find the easy route and take it. We all do it.

Regardless of which side you believe, we can all hopefully agree that even if we don't know for sure what's happening we at lease now that being wasteful is generally bad and so too is polluting.

The ice is coming back at alarming rates now.

Global warming caused by people is a farce for people like Al Gore to make money on carbon credit trading, etc.

Climate change is real, though. I mean ... when the Dinosaurs were around the climate was different. That change was not the fault of SUVs, though. Nor is what we are seeing now.

I have also heard we are going to be returning to a traditional winter.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I have also heard we are going to be returning to a traditional winter.

Obligatory Canadian snow pic:

JeepInSnow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back