AC Delco additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they still sell this?
ACDelco Oil Supplememnt
992869 500ml Engine Oil Supplement

ACDelco Engine Oil Supplement is a multi-purpose additive concentrate designed to help eliminate lifter sticking, reduce valve train noise, reduce

They call it ACDelco E.O.S. now, but why do you need it? Now they only promote it for breaking in rebuilt engines.

If I was breaking in a new engine, I would get specially formulated break in oil, and if I was having issues with an older engine, I would use high mileage oil.

Random lifter tick on a 2013 Silverado 5.3 with 48,000 miles. Dealer says they can't hear it and I have tried 3 different oils and it does not change. The tick is on the same side. Left Rear. Apparently I have super sensitive hearing or everyone else is deaf.

Since it says it will/can help with lifters i thought trying it wouldn't hurt?

ACDelco Engine Oil Supplement is a multi-purpose additive concentrate designed to help eliminate lifter sticking, reduce valve train noise, reduce camshaft lobe scuffing, and reduce break-in wear. The use will maintain the additive levels in oil to promote designed-in oil detergency, disperancy and wear protection, especially under severe service conditions such as high load and high operating temperatures. Not for diesel applications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back