Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid Pricing - Best Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you folks paying for Nissan NS-2 Fluid?

I'm getting quotes of around $15/qt from the dealer, and about $10/qt from past ebay auctions.

I need to pick-up a case to do a 30k flush on my mother's 2010 Altima V6.

Thanks

Unlike you, I actually care about my transmission warranty, and I have zero trust in the aftermarket when it comes to R&D for something this complex. Most of these aftermarket brands are a hole-in-the-wall operation that have never invested (and are not able to) the resources needed to fully test their product in EVERY application that it is being recommended for.

From my sources, Nissan has made it very clear that they will be fighting any warranty claim where the fluid in the transmission is not NS-2. In fact, they will even be questioning claims if the fluid is unusually clean for the vehicle's mileage....but I will take that risk myself.

How often does Nissan say to change it? If they call it "lifetime fluid" then just change it when the warranty expires with Valvoline or any of the other brands that Greasy mentioned above.

Oh also, one of those "aftermarket brands" probably supplies the OEM NS2 to Nissan. The same companies that make OEM fluids make aftermarket fluids too. For example, OEM Mopar/Magneti Marelli ATF+4 is made by Valvoline.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
How often does Nissan say to change it? If they call it "lifetime fluid" then just change it when the warranty expires with Valvoline or any of the other brands that Greasy mentioned above.

I have a 120k warranty from Nissan and a separate lifetime warranty with a 3rd party.

Can we please stick to the topic at hand? I'm more curious about where to buy the fluid, than to debate the merits of aftermarket alternatives.

Thanks

$15-$10 quart sounds dirt cheap to me. How many quarts does it take? I would't gamble with something as expensive as a transmission. Use OEM fluid in it. Can't go wrong. I'd just buy it from the Nissan dealership. I've never been fond of buying fluids from a 3rd party like Ebay. Call me paranoid,but you never know what might be in those bottles.

I'd feel comfortable ordering here:

http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nissan-Facto...200P_p_896.html

I buy parts from these guys all the time. EXCELLENT customer service. Ask for Coz Ceh:

https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=13321

If it were mine i would use the Amsoil fluid, but you seem to have your mind made up and the only place to get Nissan NS-2 is from the dealer, so i would just call multiple dealers and compare prices.

Some people are RE-selling their fluid on Ebay, but not worth the gamble IMHO.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I have a 120k warranty from Nissan and a separate lifetime warranty with a 3rd party.

Can we please stick to the topic at hand? I'm more curious about where to buy the fluid, than to debate the merits of aftermarket alternatives.

Thanks

This may sound like a crazy question, but if it has a lifetime warranty why worry about it? I wouldn't do anything to it, esp if they would question esp looking clean fluid.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

Thanks

This may sound like a crazy question, but if it has a lifetime warranty why worry about it? I wouldn't do anything to it, esp if they would question esp looking clean fluid.

The 3rd party company that is offering the lifetime warranty will probably put in a used transmission (it says so in the agreement), so I'd rather not have to use them if possible.

The only one who would question the clean fluid is Nissan, and they're the ones with the 10/120k warranty.

I'd keep an eye on Fleabay and stock up. That's what I did with my Freestyle. I eventually found some for $4.00 a qt and bought 2 cases (which is a lifetime supply at this point). I'm not worried about it, though I'll admit I kinda wonder about its origins--seems like it may have "fallen off the truck" or something....

I don't know about the Nissan Fluid, but the Ford CVT has a very unique smell and appearance. I'm not worried about it (and I've already done a change w/it and my transmission hasn't fallen out of the car).

The only one who would question the clean fluid is Nissan, and they're the ones with the 10/120k warranty.

Sounds like they are already prepared to fight you tooth and nail on a claim before you even need one.

In that case I'd make sure to provide all the supporting evidence you will ever need, like backup receipt of the OEM fluid, photographs with dated newspaper in the same photo to prove the date of installation, as well as a sample of the old fluid in a jar in case they question you dumping old stuff out after you mistreat it. Also keep the CVT fluid bottle with an oz of new fluid in there as evidence in case they question you about what you put in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back