Oil additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone,
This is my first post here. I`m not native speaker so please excuse me if I make some mistake.

I followed this topic very carefully, and in fact it is reason why i have registered on this forum.
Want to say few things on mater of using mos2 in older engine.
I have Ford Mondeo mk3 2.0L tdci 2003 (diesel,euro-market car) with 247000km on dash.
On my last oil change used LM MoS2 with LM Toptec 4100 5w-40 (2 cans of moly with little less then 6 liters of oil). My friend, mechanic had interesting reaction on additive. He asked me why I want to use when my engine is OK and have good compression. When I had explained to him that because my driving stile (90% city driving and short stops) want to protect engine to max extent. He used LM oil with added mos2 before and knew what to expect. To be honest most people are afraid of color of the stuff.

Now about the effect of the mos2 for about year after:
Car is less noisier and much smoother idles. Greatest difference is noticeable when engine is cold. Throttle response is much better with engine bellow working temperature (diesels are well known as "slow to respond" when they are cold). It just revs easier.
Haven't told anybody about mos2, but my brother and father noticed difference and asked me about it
smile.gif
By brother even thought that I did subtle remap.

My next oil change is due in about month. And this time I`l use 6 liters of LM Special F 5w-30 (Ford specific oil) and just one can of mos2. I also plan to check oil filter for possible residue but not expect to find any.
Also bought 2 doses of LM gear oil additive with mos2 (1 dose is for one liter of oil) and plan to add it into gearbox.
That all from me. If anyone want any additional info feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back