BITOG Oil Filter Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
please... don't bring my ex-wife into this..
nono.gif

lol.gif

Just kidding...

quote:

I did offer, once, to have an e-core filter sent back to Champ for analysis. The person I picked back when has yet to pm me back so I take it he is an infrequent user of the board.

This is a crying shame. Filterguy was actually going to produce some useful data for a change and the test subject just wandered off. (Chill Filterguy, just ribbin' ya' a bit)
grin.gif

here's his PM..don't know where he went. he buys E-core at Wally World is what his first pm said.:

ford390gashog
Member # 7015 posted September 08, 2005 11:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well the enigne has 80,000 on rebuild, i rebuilt it myself the oil gets changed every 3,000 miles or 2 months . i have used only diesel oil 15w40. i use mobil delvac 1300 15w40. it is a 1975 ford f 150 with a 7.0 liter 428

Here's a suggestion for the test that may knock out a couple birds with one stone. Find someone with a fairly large engine that uses the new, and popular, dink size filters that is also equipped with an OLM. The LSx/LMx series of engines come to mind. One would see how a dink filter holds up in a 325-364 CID engine for an OLM prescribed period of time/miles. Perform the same analysis FilterGuy did on his 2003 Taurus. I'm guessing this would limit the choice to a E-core. But if a SuperTech Ecore passes the test acceptably, for $2 and some change, just think how many people would sleep soundly at night knowing they're protecting their engine and saving some money in the process. A second SuperTech Ecore with just a UOA/w particle count would demonstrate whether there is consistency. Other filters could be tested with just a UOA/particle count in a similar fashion. The tester would have to agree to use only one type/brand oil to constrain this variable. Comments?

Not bad. Although FG's one available free test wouldn't have to be limited to an Ecore (up to M1 should work at Champ) that would set a good "baseline" for comparative data. You would then have cheap ..on up.

So who do we know that drives a lot of miles in a vehicle with a GM LSx/LMx under the hood? Or maybe there's some other combination of vehicle/filter that would suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back