Ardeca Synthetic Dexos 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly $60 is TOO much IMHO. Why not just go with a dexos1 approved oil? Does the engine spec dexos2? If I am not mistaken, dexos1 is spec'd for all US GM vehicles.

I'd check the official dexos2 list, and then go from there. The easiest, unfortunately, would probably be to purchase from the dealer, since most of the examples won't have a lot of retail traction yet.

Originally Posted By: Garak
The easiest, unfortunately, would probably be to purchase from the dealer,

I was about to suggest the same thing. It can't possibly be more expensive than this Ardeca stuff?

Thank you for the replies. Too expensive is where I've ended up too. The Cruze Diesel is Dexos 2 spec'ed. The Dexos 2 approved list has many oils but it seems most of them are easily available in Europe but not here. My best option may be OEM or maybe Total Quartz INEO MC3 5W-30. Its on the Dexos 2 approved list and price isn't too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQEH9TK/ref=...Q35EW&psc=1

In Denmark where I live. Ardeca is very cheap. Actually so cheap people doubt if it any Good. I have never tryed it myself. But I know it is made in belgium.

Check with an XOM distributor and see how cheaply then can source you M1 ESP 0w-40 (not to be confused with Mobil Delvac 1 0w-40 ESP). If it were me, that or the dealership oil would be the simplest. Some of the Castrol products might be available at certain European dealerships, but that is unlikely to be cheap or easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back