Men's Cologne / Eau De Toilette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
D&C The One. I go through it at about one squirt per month.

The Blue is really good. The dark one. Amazon sells it cheaper than Duty Free shops.

You could pick a bunch of flowers with a nice smell. Extract their juices. Mix them together in trial and error until you like it. Then add it to some alcohol and enjoy.

Or spend 100 on a 3.3 oz bottle. Think I will pass

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
None whatsoever. I especially don't want to put something on myself that has "toilette" in the name.

I've never quite understood why anyone would want to smell.

no need to take part in this thread; it was intended ONLY for guys who DO use some type of cologne.
Why do ppl always reply to recommendation threads when they don't use ANY at all?

Just like "I need a recommendation for a spray wax" and someone replies "I hate spray wax - I don't use at all".

Just stay the heck off, seriously.

I've never heard of the one you're currently using so I have no idea what it smells like or if any of these are similar or to your liking, but I think these are pleasant for everyday wear.

Chanel Allure
Yves St. Laurent L'Homme
Issey Miyake
Armani ADG (Old Spice Komodo is basically a very close dupe if you're looking for a cheap deodorant/body spray)
John Varvatos Vintage
Yves St. Laurent La Nuit
Armani Code
The last two are more appropriate for going out though.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
[censored] - Polo Black is quite $$..

Thanks for the suggestions - looking them up slowly..
Keep them coming

Go for the Polo Double Black. Get it at Ulta with one of their coupons they always have on their site and you can get it pretty cheap.

I wear cologne everyday. I've had some expensive colognes as gifts from my lovely spouse, but I lean toward more reasonable scents and prices for daily wear. My three favorites are Swiss Army Classic,(they have a very nice woodsy scent also, pine undertones, can't remember the name)Jaguar Classic, and Hummer. All three can be found at Kohls and/or Gordmans for 20.00 or so.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Simple. Buy any non-spray bottle and cut it 20% with cheap vodka (which is just ethanol & distilled water). Or try any percentage you think appropriate.

The key is finding a 'lotion' or any non-spray that you can easily add vodka to.

Don't laugh. Be inventive!

That, my friend, is alcohol abuse!

Get a sampler pack - I got one years ago for a gift or something and it was from CK (Calvin Klein) I really liked 1/2 of the scents and then would buy a large bottle of those.

CK Truth lasts me YEARS. If yours doesn't, you're using way too much. We don't need to smell you downwind, a half-block away
33.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Simple. Buy any non-spray bottle and cut it 20% with cheap vodka (which is just ethanol & distilled water). Or try any percentage you think appropriate.

The key is finding a 'lotion' or any non-spray that you can easily add vodka to.

Don't laugh. Be inventive!

That, my friend, is alcohol abuse!

Emphasis on cheap! Also means no methanol will be in the mix.

I go to one of our local flea markets and buy one of the cheap knock-offs that I like.

Been using King Cigar, and Obsession for men. Last ones cost $3.00 a 3 1/2 oz spray.

For everyday use I will use something like English Leather, British Sterling, Old Spice, Brut, Stetson, etc...

For special occasions or when I go out I use something like Drakkar Noir, Original Polo, Polo Blue, etc... However, I see no reason to spend $25-$50 a bottle when you can get imposter versions at Wal-Mart for $8 that smell the same. The scent fades a little quicker but for the price you can sue extra and still come out ahead.

Last edited:
During periods of heavy shift-work, just to mess with the guys we work with, some of the guys in our department started a tradition of using a caution-tagged bottle of the original Old Spice after-shave. Come to think of it, we haven't done that for the last few shift-work periods, so I'll have to work on that!

I use LaCoste Essential sport and Versace EDT. You can find great deals on colognes using ljperfumes.com.

I added little iodine to alcohol just to have a very faint yellow. Ethyl alcohol itself smells sweety, and when diluted iodine is light and airy. Its so light, probably only I know it.

I'm thinking to add some tea tree oil or bergamot aroma when I find some.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
[censored] - Polo Black is quite $$..

Thanks for the suggestions - looking them up slowly..
Keep them coming

Go for the Polo Double Black.

Does the Double Black have a lot different scent from the regular Black? I guess I'll have to go to the store and sniff both to compare...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back