400,000 miles! Pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well almost.

Out little tacoma shop truck keeps on chugging along. Last year it gave us a scare. It sat a few days unran and when I finally started it,it sounded like it was going to explode until it got oil pressure.

So we run it every day and it's been fine.

It gets whatever 10w-whatever is on sale. Changed ever 6-8K, sometimes longer. This year it got it's first clutch @ 369K and lower ball joints around 385K. Don't forget that a shop truck gets beat on by everybody,even customers. Still passes the california smog test.

Does not use oil between 6-8k changes.

On the way to 500K.

Nice.

When we were in Detroit we bought 3 extended cab,step side rangers for the company.
They all had 4.0 engines,2wd. They had great power. Easily burned off the tires
One got totalled,the other 2 went well past 400000 miles. Original transmissions and engines were never opened up.
Tires,brakes,fluids and lower ball joints was all the maintenance they got.
They weren't worth bringing home when we left. As it was I brought home 2 trucks and went back twice for trailers.
Great trucks though. It was them that opened the door to me for fords,and my beloved mustangs,since I was bow tie or die back then

Excellent. Those trucks, though IMO uncomfortable, will last a LONG time if they dont get rusty.

thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations!!!

I had a 1988 Toyota pickup I bought new. I drove it everywhere and I loved it. I got married in 1997 and then had two kids so, unfortunately, the truck got too small for us. I have seen the truck a few times recently with the same owner I sold it to. I bet it must be nearing 500,000 miles. I sure miss that truck.

Not much for gauges.
27.gif

I could live without the trip odometer but no tach?

At least it has some sort of water temp gauge and not just an overheat light.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Not much for gauges.
27.gif

I could live without the trip odometer but no tach?

At least it has some sort of water temp gauge and not just an overheat light.

Had a 1991 with that dash similar to that. Sure was a spartan beast. At least mine had carpet
grin.gif

Very cool, had a 92 toyota p/u bought new as a daily driver. As some one said it wasn't comfortable for a 6' guy but drove it for 15 yrs! Sold to a coworker with about 230k on it and it's still rolling. Besides normal maintenance replaced timing chain and guide at 200k, clutch p/p and bearing at 225k. Ran conventional Castrol 10w-30 4-5k OCI's. Mileage is around 300,000 now. Tuuufff vehicles. Those 22RE's are great motors!

"You know... if you wanna get 501K out of it, you gotta use synthetic."
whistle.gif

just kiddng. That is fantastic and i'm sure it'll make 500k without issue.

It probably only is possible in CA... Where mild weather is gentle to machinery. There is no way a shop truck can live that long in northeast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back