duke cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using their soap for awhile.
looked at there website. Digging this.

"Duke Cannon isn’t for everyone. And quite frankly, he prefers it that way.

After all, Duke Cannon doesn’t dine with Vegans and he could give a [censored] about your new Ipad. Duke Cannon comes from a different era--an era when men had a greater purpose than building spreadsheets and spending their Saturdays at Banana Republic.

In Duke’s time, men pursued meaningful endeavors. They worked with their hands. They took pride in the things they built, not the things they bought. And the mindset was simple: men wanted to win, not find the "win-win".

And then the whole metrosexual trend came and screwed men up even worse.

Now exists a generation of men who have spent more time in a Pottery Barn store than a hardware store. [censored] no.

Needless to say, the Duke Cannon Supply Company is not a big fan of this trend. It’s time for man to devolve, not evolve"

oh. Heckuva soap too!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Three bars of hand soap for $19? I'm in the wrong line of work.

My toiletries are comparable in price to most men of my age, I spend money on reliable stuff that lasts longer and more reliable.

Common Toiletries of a 22 (my age) male.
Gillette Razorblades (5 Blade heads) box of 6, 35$
1 Can Edge/Other 'Gel' shaving creams, 4-5$
1 Can AXE/Old Spice/Adidas/whatever 'body spray' 4oz 3-5$
1 Bottle AXE/Old Spice/whatever 'body wash' 16-18oz 4-5$
1 Stick Deodorant 3-4$
1 "fusion ball Gillette razor" 12$

total cost: 61$-66$

My Medicine Cabinet
100pk Lord/Shark/Astra razorblades, last 3 shaves a blade, 7-10$
1 Can Barbasol or 1 Bar Shave Soap, lasts longer than gel cans 1.00$-1.50$
1 Bottle aftershave, 12-12.5oz 10$
5 Pack of Duke Cannon Soap, each soap is 3/4lb, lasts 3 months 24$
1 Stick Old Spice Classic deodorant, 2$
1 Safety Razor, 17$-21$

Total cost: 61$-68.50$

this is comparing my grooming products versus my roommates. He wrecked his crown vic and I take him to the store monthly to buy new razorheads/shave cream/body spray/body wash

he can go through 3 cans of bodywash in the time I use 1 bar of soap. He can go through 6 razors when I go through 12-15 that cost pennies compared to his.
he can go through a can of spray in 14 days versus my aftershave lasting 2 months ( i am 2x daily shaver too)

And my Stainless Safety Razor will more than likely outlive me over his plastic ball thingy.

I take 30-45 mins between morning shower, shave, and getting ready.
He takes 15-20 mins.

You get what you pay for. buy something that lasts, works, and is proven over the same old thing, and itll blow your mind on what you save.

plus AXE style scents wear off by noon, and you have to respray it. I take showers at night and in the morning, and I can smell the aftershave then as well.

Taking time grooming (not the whole manscaping thing, just normal shaving and showering and such) makes you feel better about yourself, and is really a confidence booster.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: R80RS
Three bars of hand soap for $19? I'm in the wrong line of work.

My toiletries are comparable in price to most men of my age, I spend money on reliable stuff that lasts longer and more reliable.

Common Toiletries of a 22 (my age) male.
Gillette Razorblades (5 Blade heads) box of 6, 35$
1 Can Edge/Other 'Gel' shaving creams, 4-5$
1 Can AXE/Old Spice/Adidas/whatever 'body spray' 4oz 3-5$
1 Bottle AXE/Old Spice/whatever 'body wash' 16-18oz 4-5$
1 Stick Deodorant 3-4$
1 "fusion ball Gillette razor" 12$

total cost: 61$-66$

My Medicine Cabinet
100pk Lord/Shark/Astra razorblades, last 3 shaves a blade, 7-10$
1 Can Barbasol or 1 Bar Shave Soap, lasts longer than gel cans 1.00$-1.50$
1 Bottle aftershave, 12-12.5oz 10$
5 Pack of Duke Cannon Soap, each soap is 3/4lb, lasts 3 months 24$
1 Stick Old Spice Classic deodorant, 2$
1 Safety Razor, 17$-21$

Total cost: 61$-68.50$

this is comparing my grooming products versus my roommates. He wrecked his crown vic and I take him to the store monthly to buy new razorheads/shave cream/body spray/body wash

he can go through 3 cans of bodywash in the time I use 1 bar of soap. He can go through 6 razors when I go through 12-15 that cost pennies compared to his.
he can go through a can of spray in 14 days versus my aftershave lasting 2 months ( i am 2x daily shaver too)

And my Stainless Safety Razor will more than likely outlive me over his plastic ball thingy.

I take 30-45 mins between morning shower, shave, and getting ready.
He takes 15-20 mins.

You get what you pay for. buy something that lasts, works, and is proven over the same old thing, and itll blow your mind on what you save.

plus AXE style scents wear off by noon, and you have to respray it. I take showers at night and in the morning, and I can smell the aftershave then as well.

Taking time grooming (not the whole manscaping thing, just normal shaving and showering and such) makes you feel better about yourself, and is really a confidence booster.

I meant no offense, and it wasn't a comment on your judgement, so please don't take it that way. It's just that when I saw the 3 bars of hand soap for $19 my initial off-the-cuff reaction was driven by my internal (frugal) price meter. I get that you find value in that brand at that price, and that's fine. Or maybe you just simply like it, and that's fine too. FWIW, I use a lot of the stuff on your "My Medicine Cabinet" list, and I personally think the Shark brand razor blades are excellent.

Speaking of shaving I thought the new thing was to grow out a righteous beard...Real men are Beard men or something to that effect.

Can't do that in the Army. Beards tend to get in the way of your pro-mask.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Speaking of shaving I thought the new thing was to grow out a righteous beard...Real men are Beard men or something to that effect.

Women spend a lot of money on fancy things like soaps, shampoos, and the like.
There's a huge market out there to market fancy manly soap and shampoo to men. Money to be raked in. Fools to be bamboozled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back