Men's Cologne / Eau De Toilette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was using Monsieur Balmain Mens Eau De Toilette, but it has gotten ridiculously expensive on amazon and elsewhere, and I REALLY don't want to pay THAT much for one...
I have no idea why price went up so much.

I liked that one as it's subtle and was still different, without being too strong.

Any suggestions for a good but a bit more affordable men's cologne/Eau De Toilette / after shave kind of product, that has a pleasant but not too strong fragrance?

What do you guys use? / would recommend?

Well whatever she gets for me. iirc Chanel and Hugo Boss are our current favorites.

She’ll often bring free samples from the Nordstrom counter (gents can score 'em too).

“Whichever you like” is my standard response. I get to choose our motor oil though!

Tiberius, Star Trek Cologne. Smells good.
Bleu Chanel, for formal environments.

Everyday wear? Either of the following
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum Aftershave
Old Spice Original Scent Aftershave
Fine American Blend Aftershave

Thanks for the relevant replies so far!.

Sorry I forgot to mention.
Pls start separate thread to discuss use of men's cologne in general (pros and cons, likes, dislikes etc), and keep the topic ONLY for the intended use. Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Why would any reasonable man spend as much money as a woman on fragrances?
Go ahead...attack.

please start separate thread for attacks / support.
Thanks.

To tell you the thruth I stopped buying expensive colognes and just use Axe or similar body sprays. They actually have a pretty good selection and stay with you all day while not being too strong.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
So I was using Monsieur Balmain Mens Eau De Toilette, but it has gotten ridiculously expensive on amazon and elsewhere,

What do you consider ridiculously expensive? I'm seeing it for $41 for 100ml bottle on Amazon, which is actually a pretty good price, IMO.

Heck, I might give it a try.

I don't use much EDT these days, but when I do, it's either Chanel Allure or A&F Fierce. Neither is cheap. I have yet to find an inexpensive cologne that actually lasts.

Simple. Buy any non-spray bottle and cut it 20% with cheap vodka (which is just ethanol & distilled water). Or try any percentage you think appropriate.

The key is finding a 'lotion' or any non-spray that you can easily add vodka to.

Don't laugh. Be inventive!

I like the chemical engineering aspect of extraction, as well as the chemical synthesis of artificial scents.

That said, I wear none. I do have a bottle of something, its all numbers and it smells nice, but I use maybe one squirt when Im going to something like a wedding or formal event. Why? Dunno.

I don't purchase any.. Usually get a few from the family for Xmas since I'm too old to buy other gifts or maybe because people won't buy me a stash of oil. lol. The gifts in my medicine cabinet are:

Nautica Voyage
David Beckham (weird to put another guy on me) but smells good!
smile.gif

Armani Code and Code Ultimate

If it weren't for getting them as gifts, I wouldn't use them. I prefer natural pheromones, soap, water, and deodorant.

None whatsoever. I especially don't want to put something on myself that has "toilette" in the name.

I've never quite understood why anyone would want to smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back