We're officially a Honda family now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's Accord EX-L, my Civic EX-L, and son's Civic EX-L.

side_view.jpg

I purchased my first new Honda in 1984 and I'm still driving it. I have no intention of ever selling it. In fact I hope to be able to drive it to my funeral, some day.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Great cars...congratulations.

And a Titan for kicking the dust up!
smile.gif

Actually I'm putting the Titan up for sale soon...

keep meaning to get a pic of my Ford family , but can never get a family gathering where 1)the right cars show up 2) I can get them in some kind of cohesive arrangement (with out some Dodge or Honda creeping in between them )
Between My Mom, Me, My Sister, my Dad and his twin brother, we own 5 Fords(well, 4 Fords and a Mercury
grin2.gif
) built on the same platform.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Take good care of them and they will go a long way. Do they all have CVT's?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Congratulations! Take good care of them and they will go a long way. Do they all have CVT's?

Yes - I like the way the Accord's shifts much better. With the civic, it kinda feels a little "rubber-bandy" sometimes when accelerating hard.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Originally Posted By: gregk24

Yes - I like the way the Accord's shifts much better. With the civic, it kinda feels a little "rubber-bandy" sometimes when accelerating hard.

Yes, I have heard a lot of good things about the Accords CVT. In fact, many reviewers have said its the best CVT they have every driven.

I never thought I liked Hondas much, until we bought my parents' 2005 Acura MDX. It wasn't long after that that I sold my other car and bought a Honda CR-V to replace it. I appreciate the way Hondas seem to be engineered to cater to the DIYer. Their chassis have a perfect balance of refinement and performance for my taste.

Good looking family. Curious, though, why go with a civic over the new Accord, especially if you liked the Accord's CVT?

My Accord shows no signs of fading, but if it did, I'm pretty sure I'd end up with a Sport 6mt. That or a Mazda 6 or 3 Hatch 6mt.

Here's to many miles and smiles out of those fine autos...
11.gif

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Good looking family. Curious, though, why go with a civic over the new Accord, especially if you liked the Accord's CVT?

My Accord shows no signs of fading, but if it did, I'm pretty sure I'd end up with a Sport 6mt. That or a Mazda 6 or 3 Hatch 6mt.

Here's to many miles and smiles out of those fine autos...
11.gif

I drive over 400 miles a week, so I wanted a little better mileage and I like the size of the car whipping around in traffic.

The Accord is for the wife to use and weekends or trips together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back