Absolutely disgusting piece of "journalism"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://princearthurherald.com/en/politics-2/the-morons-pack-heat-667

Quote:
On the autumn drive from Washington D.C. to Richmond, Virginia, fuel efficient Japanese-made cars cruise alongside Dodge Durangos and rusty pickups. The contrast of the excursion is particularly accentuated by the fact that decent human beings have to be exposed to a barrage of Confederate and Gadsden flags while they simply try to make their way across a highway in the 21st century. The kind of knuckle-draggers that choose to hang such blatantly racist and ignorant symbols may certainly exercise their constitutional rights to do so. However, they also exercise another constitutional right that has been edited to give ne’er-do-wells the ability to purchase high-powered weapons in corner stores.
The American Constitution’s 2nd amendment has also made it easier for gang culture to flourish alongside Tea Party types and lone psychopaths. Unfortunately, worldwide but particularly in the USA, the notion that wielding a gun is cool has maintained strength, and continues to wreak havoc on an unprecedented scale.

*snip* (please click the link to read the full article)

I can't even begin with how wrong, and on how many levels, this piece of garbage is
frown.gif

Luckily, I didn't need to start, as a fellow from the NFA (which I am a member of) wrote this wonderful letter to the editor:

Quote:
Hi Tom,
I wanted to send you a message concerning the opinion piece you recently published. I have to tell you that it was truly shocking and I find it hard to believe you published it. This article is borderline hate speech. The author accuses people of racism concerning the Gadsden flag which is a symbol of limited government. He links lawful gun owners with gang members, mass murderers and racists. Generally calling people who live in rural areas “deprived” and their activities “rudimentary”. Calling firearm enthusiasts “particularly dense”. And (possibly) worst of all claiming that “every shred of evidence demonstrates that more firearm regulations lead to less firearm homicides”. Every shred in Canada including peer reviewed studies show the exact opposite. Do you realize there are 2 million licensed gun owners in Canada. And that they are less likely than the general population (that includes you and the author) to commit ANY crime. This is a disgusting, poorly worded attack on all of them.

On your website I see a list of “Board of Governors”. I’m assuming they are of the same sentiment as the author. I certainly hope not of the same caliber. I have 80,000 Canadians in my direct sphere of influence and I would consider a publicity campaign against all of them collectively. I’m not upset that the author has a different opinion, I’m upset that he is a narcissistic liar who thinks it’s some sort of a joke to tear Canadians apart from each other. Honestly, I have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish.

Best Regards,

Rod Giltaca
Managing Partner, Instructor RCMP CFP
Civil Advantage Firearms Training
Host of the Civil Advantage YouTube Channel
Provincial Coordinator, Canada’s NFA

How is the Gadsen flag even remotely racist? I have a Navy Jack in my garage. A big nasty yellow one. If you even know .001% about me, you will know I'm not what this person is stereotyping certain Americans as...racist......that's funny! The rest of it all the usual non-nonsensical often repeated press points.

Ignorance fed by pop media will be the death of this country. But why would we except a random Canadian to really know anything about our country, and with that why would he/she speak from any point of authority or influence. It would be easy to let go, but many native born Americans are about as ignorant.

This clown does know more people die from heart disease, cancer, car accidents, poisoning, etc individually than guns?

Yup, it is just a spin spin spin propaganda piece. An utter fabrication of garbage, lies and illogical conclusions based on nothing, as the facts don't support anything this lunatic has said.

I had an old high school classmate post a pic of her husband flipping off the Gadsden flag saying it was a symbol of hate. When I commented that it was used as our Naval Jack her husband accused me of being racist. These people are not right in the head.

This same girl after the IV rampage by the "Supreme Gentleman" posted on Facebook that "girls like her need to let lesser boys down a little nicer when the talk to people that are of a higher class than them."

The value of an "opinion editorial" like this is its ability to display, for all to see, the embarrassing shallowness and meanness of this author's reasoning.

If you want proof, just check the comments section below his article. The comments are virtually unanimous in opposition to, and ridicule of, Mr. Jain's sloppy, immature, and spiteful rhetoric and conclusions. I'm surprised a newspaper would carry something as poorly reasoned as this.

So much to reply to here but alas time doesn't permit. I find it very ironic that gun-control appratchniks not only completely miss the target but always shoot first before asking the wrong questions. As such, their 'arguments' always wind up in the same place: The Sewer.

They always miss the target because they're aiming at something else: Gun control. They're akin to the broken cat toy that always runs into the same place, on the nearest wall...no matter where you release it. Even the cat knows the toy is bent, & dismisses it as such. Yet for them, this 'bent' argument holds 'weight'.

The real target they consistently miss (and don't want to talk about) is mental health. Unstable people, psychopaths, paranoid schizophrenics, narcissists, sociopaths, etc., who think nothing of wrecking havoc and murder on innocent civilians. It appears that the topic of mental instability isn't something they're 'comfortable' with. Perhaps they only care about their myopic vision?

The Vision of The Annointed. Great Thomas Sowell book.

On another note, Americans do make fuel-efficient cars. So do the Europeans. I wonder why these were left out? Further, why is a European diesel a true endangered species here in the US?

I wonder what the knuckle-dragging appratchnik would say about that?

You don't even need to put "Journalism" in quotes in your title, because this isn't even being passed off as journalism.

It's an opinion piece posted in some local website, plain and simple. It's not even trying to pass itself off as objective journalism.

This is even posted at the bottom of the page:
Quote:
The views expressed in this article are the author’s own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Prince Arthur Herald.

Spending your time getting riled up by this is about as useful as spending your time getting riled up by something someone posted on their blog, because that's basically what that website is.

You have to remember that among the media elites "Hate Speech" is strictly a one-way street...

Reactions: pbm
Have a feeling this isn't a real newspaper-more like a left-leaning college or university newsletter-there's so many errors that a true editor would have never let it be published.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Have a feeling this isn't a real newspaper-more like a left-leaning college or university newsletter-there's so many errors that a true editor would have never let it be published.

This is the real issue here. It just appears to be a website where people rant about stuff.

Nothing worth getting riled up over, as far as I can tell.

Here's how they describe themselves:
Quote:
Founded in the winter of 2011, the Prince Arthur Herald offers a platform to young writers who want to argue points of view that are often ignored by the major news outlets.

As an alternative newspaper, we promote the expression of diverse views without hiding our classical liberal leanings. Our articles mix facts and opinion in order to advance the public debate.

The PAH covers a wide range of topics ranging from economics to cultural and business news as well as political topics and exclusive interviews with well-known personalities.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

As per their about us page:

Quote:
Founded in the winter of 2011, the Prince Arthur Herald offers a platform to young writers who want to argue points of view that are often ignored by the major news outlets.
As an alternative newspaper, we promote the expression of diverse views without hiding our classical liberal leanings. Our articles mix facts and opinion in order to advance the public debate.
The PAH covers a wide range of topics ranging from economics to cultural and business news as well as political topics and exclusive interviews with well-known personalities.

These anti-gun people are fanatics. Where I live (Colorado) wealthy people from out of state tried to defeat recall elections of politicians who were trying to infect severe gun control laws on local state people. And then one of those wealthy out of state individuals said that where I live is so rural we don't even have roads.

That from a wealthy billionaire who apparently has never been to my area of Colorado. That from a wealthy billionaire who apparently considers where I live 'fly over country.'

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Whats a Gadsden flag? Never heard of it...

It's something you cover cops after shooting them unprovoked:

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/06/09/...getting-killed/

No it's not. Those criminals didn't get away with it and they represent less than nothing. The fact that you chose to answer a legitimate question from a Canadian in such a manner is nearly as disgusting as the two clowns who did that despicable act. If you have a point, then post it in a straight forward manner. Because that is NOT AT ALL WHAT the Gadsen Flag is about.

Quote:
Considered one of the first flags of the United States, the flag was later replaced by the current Stars and Stripes (or Old Glory) flag. Since the Revolution, the flag has seen times of reintroduction as a symbol of American patriotism, a symbol of disagreement with government, or a symbol of support for civil liberties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

And I actually thought you are for civil liberties.

http://www.gadsden.info/history.html

Originally Posted By: Pablo
How is the Gadsen flag even remotely racist? I have a Navy Jack in my garage. A big nasty yellow one. If you even know .001% about me, you will know I'm not what this person is stereotyping certain Americans as...racist......that's funny! The rest of it all the usual non-nonsensical often repeated press points.

Ignorance fed by pop media will be the death of this country. But why would we except a random Canadian to really know anything about our country, and with that why would he/she speak from any point of authority or influence. It would be easy to let go, but many native born Americans are about as ignorant.

This clown does know more people die from heart disease, cancer, car accidents, poisoning, etc individually than guns?

Unfortunately the Gadsden Flag has been twisted into a anti-immigration symbol used by "Real Americans" to rally against immigrants, homosexuals, and liberals.

http://www.arizonabiteme.com/
http://mirroronamerica.blogspot.com/2010/03/gadsden-flag.html
http://thelibertydoll.com/2014/02/08/government-documents-72-types-potential-terrorists/

This really brings a tear to my eye thinking about this. I wore the colors on my combat uniform representing the United States and it has been censored into a tool of hate.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: Pablo

Unfortunately the Gadsden Flag has been twisted into a anti-immigration symbol used by "Real Americans" to rally against immigrants, homosexuals, and liberals.

http://www.arizonabiteme.com/
http://mirroronamerica.blogspot.com/2010/03/gadsden-flag.html
http://thelibertydoll.com/2014/02/08/government-documents-72-types-potential-terrorists/

This really brings a tear to my eye thinking about this. I wore the colors on my combat uniform representing the United States and it has been censored into a tool of hate.

I guess quite a few of us are on the terrorist watch list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back