M1 0W20 AFE - Great Oil !

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying a variety of 5W20 & 5W30 oils in a '07 Kia Sedona 3.8L (rated for 5W20) I took a chance and am running an OCI with M1 0W20 AFE . The general consensus here is most any modern engine rated for 5W20 can run M1 0W20 AFE . Any way, 1,500 miles into the OCI the engine is quite , smooth and runs more "free" . Gas mileage is up about 0.05 ~ 1.0 MPG as well . At first I thought I was experiencing the placebo effect and a favorable butt dyno reading but the M1 0W20 AFE love continues . Lastly , no leaks or oil consumption to date ...I think I'll be running this oil again in the future . I am tempted to try the 0W20 QSUD (also at WM) but if the M1 0W20 AFE continues to be the best running oil I have tried - then I may not bother to experiment further .

Used it twice in the past couple of years. Only good things to say about it. Also noticed the "more free" feeling also. No oil use on either run of the oil. Great choice IMO

That's all I've used in my 2012 Honda Civic and in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. It seems to be a really good choice for these cars

Last edited:
Glad to hear you like it. It will be going in my Accord at 125K miles. It will be the first time I have used the AFE 0w20 in any car. Hope I have good results as well!

My 5.4L loves it and on a 15K OCI it produced the best UOA to date--even snubbing the mighty Pennzoil Ultra (SM) on much shorter runs (7-7.5K on Ultra versus 15K on AFE). I am about to send off a second 15K run of AFE to be sampled and I am confident it will be a great result as well.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Oh No! It's {Another} Pat M1 on the Back Thread!

Look out for all the Bashers!!

Chris: It's a Very Good Oil!

Because I prefer SOPUS over XOM the only bashing I have is. XOM customer and technical services are the pits IMO. M-1 itself is a fine product but I like Pennzoil, Quaker State, and Shell more.

Chris M-1 AFE is a very fine PCMO and you will not go wrong using it in an application for a 20 grade PCMO were recommended by the OEM.

This thread!

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
At first I thought I was experiencing the placebo effect and a favorable butt dyno reading but the M1 0W20 AFE love continues .

Well the 'love continuing' certainly verifies the butt dyno reading! I'm sold

Quote:

M1 0W20 AFE continues to be the best running oil I have tried - then I may not bother to experiment further .

Sounds about right. Let's hope it continues to be the best oil you've tried, then there's no reason to try anything else! Don't stray, now, y'hear?

smile.gif

As a quick add on : Any slight mileage increase I consider icing on the cake - I am happy with anything equal to the oil I previously used . Mostly driven in populated suburbs so I am happy with a 6,500 ~ 7,500 mile OCI using WIX / NAPA Gold / Fram Tough Guard oil filter . For all the SOPUS fans - years of using nothing but PP SM/SN 5W20 most certainly prepped this engine for a positive run (to date) on the M1 0W20 AFE . Lastly , the tiebreaker : The bright fluorescent green top mated with the silver jug color is like a magnet for my eye ! I'm tempted to snap a picture of the M1 AFE jug and include in the rotation of family pictures I keep in the digital picture frame on my nightstand
smile.gif

Last edited:
M1 AFE would be the only oil I use, except that I personally can't stand to wait that long to change the oil, and I dump it before I need to. It's a personal challenge that I deal with, but the first step towards recovery is recognition, right?!

In response, I use less expensive PCMOs and change it more often. I spend more money in the long run this way, and I recognize that as well.

My wife says that I need help. I tell her that's why I read BITOG. She's not convinced that BITOG is doing me any good.

She's probably right. Ha ha.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
M1 AFE would be the only oil I use, except that I personally can't stand to wait that long to change the oil

AFE is not a long drain oil, per se. Change it at your normal OCI.

robert

Chris: The Sad News is once you pour it in your motor! You will not have to worry about it until your next OC.

Which gives you more time to spend with your family and friends instead of lurking around here worrying about what others use.

Other Sad News is once you pour it in your motor! There is a very HIGH probability that the Motor will life longer then the rest of the car. {If properly maintained.}

Chris: That is an awesome Idea with the Digital Picture Frame!

Robert: My last UOA on AFE--> @10K miles {Polaris Labs} told me to take it to 12K. So I can be very easily! It all depends if the auto is still under warranty.

Robert: My last UOA on AFE--> @10K miles {Polaris Labs} told me to take it to 12K. So I can be very easily! It all depends if the auto is still under warranty.

10K isn't really that long, many cars have factory OCIs in that range. My point was that it wasn't advertised as a "longer than factory OCI" drain oil. That doesn't imply that it can't do it, particularly depending on what the factory OCI is. Sorry I was not more clear.

robert

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
As a quick add on : Any slight mileage increase I consider icing on the cake -

When it involves any other motor oil, most people consider it 'noise'. But the claims are being made about "Em dash one" so for sure, they're true and unchallenged.
wink.gif

Chris: The Sad News is once you pour it in your motor! You will not have to worry about it until your next OC.

Which gives you more time to spend with your family and friends instead of lurking around here worrying about what others use.

Other Sad News is once you pour it in your motor! There is a very HIGH probability that the Motor will life longer then the rest of the car. {If properly maintained.}

Chris: That is an awesome Idea with the Digital Picture Frame!

I hope the site reaps a LOT of money to allow this kind of space-wasting, egregious over-promotion of a product.

The OP opened a thread about his experience with an product. It is a positive experience if you do not like M-1 that is your prerogative. Your prerogative is also to move on or provide evidence that the product does not preformed as claimed. I am for one waiting for you to provide evidence that M-1 does not work as well as claimed.

Protip: to the shills (both primary and voluntary), try not to sound so 'kool aid-y' with your posts and testimonials. Try to come across more like genuine people with casual, OBJECTIVE and unbiased personal experiences. No one should be able to tell it's trolling right off the bat due to "laying it on too thick", you know? It's a huge turn off.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back