Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy the antics of these so-called Hollywood celebrities, (celebritards) who are stupid and naive enough to leave naked pictures of themselves in the cloud, somehow thinking that there's no way any of it could ever go wrong.

And then, when it does go wrong, they use their "celebrity" status to demand that the FBI look into the issue.

Is there any satisfying the ego of these brainless brats like Jennifer Laurence and her ilk?

It is no wonder that I refuse to go see movies anymore. They'd need to pay ME to show up at a movie theater.

Whoa! Apparently I missed a photo leak, LOL.

On the topic of "Celebritards" (love the name), it must be a prerequisite to be good looking and dumb. It seems half of them stop attending school due to wealth and lose their brain in the process. Assuming they had one to begin with.

My take.

People out there believe Apple can do no wrong and go on believing everyday their stuff is safe.

The FBI should get involved immediately as this would get swept under the rug and business as usual for the cloud providers if this was a normal everyday person who got their overweight wife posted for all to see.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I do enjoy the antics of these so-called Hollywood celebrities, (celebritards) who are stupid and naive enough to leave naked pictures of themselves in the cloud, somehow thinking that there's no way any of it could ever go wrong.

And then, when it does go wrong, they use their "celebrity" status to demand that the FBI look into the issue.

Is there any satisfying the ego of these brainless brats like Jennifer Laurence and her ilk?

It is no wonder that I refuse to go see movies anymore. They'd need to pay ME to show up at a movie theater.

Wait. There's a n*de pic of Jennifer Lawrence out there somewhere?

Please give us a link. So we can tell others to avoid it, of course.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
People out there believe Apple can do no wrong and go on believing everyday their stuff is safe.

I wasn't going to mention that, but I was already thinking it.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I think celerities are not stupid and wanted to gain some publicity.

They surround themselves with the smart people.

My car completely lacks armor plating, and I am stupid enough to drive it in public. Guess I'm asking to be gunned down or drive over a bomb.

I must be an attention-seeking idiot.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
My car completely lacks armor plating, and I am stupid enough to drive it in public. Guess I'm asking to be gunned down or drive over a bomb.

I must be an attention-seeking idiot.

Fail.

No, but you are an idiot if you upload to the cloud photos or info about yourself, in the form of digital media files, that you would consider damaging or embarrassing if the files were to go public. You would have forfeited all security control over those files to a 3rd party.

if a hacker went through my phone he'd find pictures of my bunnies. if he wanted to share them with the world i'd be tickled.

although it would be a lot less titillating than the 200mb zip file loaded with the personal pictures and videos of Kate Upton that went around this time. Yowza! I wasn't a fan of Kate Upton until now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
although it would be a lot less titillating than the 200mb zip file loaded with the personal pictures and videos of Kate Upton that went around this time. Yowza! I wasn't a fan of Kate Upton until now.
smile.gif

Link? I don't believe you, LOL.

If anything looking at any of these leaked pics reminds me how normal celebritards look without makeup on all the time era nothing special.

Honestly though it is not hard in the least to tell your phone not to upload to iCloud. If I was seriously considering taking nudes of myself I'd at least do that.

The only ones responsible for this are Apple and the celebs themselves for not having the common sense to not take nudes with an iPhone.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
The only ones responsible for this are Apple and the celebs themselves for not having the common sense to not take nudes with an iPhone.

How is Apple responsible? For offering a service that is OPTIONAL!? I don't get it. The idiots involved are responsible for putting their private pics out there. That's THEIR problem..

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The irony of it all is sickening.

The only irony I see here is the pontification about stupidity and irresponsibility from people who judge intelligence and motives based on celebrity status and blame the victims for the crime.

But you're right, it is sickening.

Beauty * Brains = a constant value.

If you have brains, well...

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
Whoa! Apparently I missed a photo leak, LOL.

On the topic of "Celebritards" (love the name), it must be a prerequisite to be good looking and dumb. It seems half of them stop attending school due to wealth and lose their brain in the process. Assuming they had one to begin with.

I don't think anyone is blaming the victim. But we are questioning the wisdom of putting potentially scandalous pictures on the cloud.

If someone leaves their car unlocked with the keys in the ignition, and their car is stolen; it is a legitimate question to ask if the owner could have done something different to help avoid becoming a victim of the crime.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The irony of it all is sickening.

The only irony I see here is the pontification about stupidity and irresponsibility from people who judge intelligence and motives based on celebrity status and blame the victims for the crime.

But you're right, it is sickening.

What part of "cloud" (whether it be Google, Apple, Microsoft, Photobucket, Facebook, etc.) don't people understand? When your data is on anything other than a powered-down drive sitting in a locked compartment, there is the potential for it to be compromised.

Yes, I do use a little bit of cloud storage. No, I don't use it for anything I wouldn't mind my wife, pastor, and every criminal in the world seeing. Come on- blackmail me with pictures of cut-open oil filters. I dare ya. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back