Lower Priced Indian Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: grampi
I don't ever recall seeing any $40K+ price tags on any metrics (not even close), though I did see a couple of new Harleys just within the last month with price tags that high...

If you're comparing CVOs to your bike, then the Harley is going to be more expensive. If you make an intelligent comparison, you'll see models from Harley, Honda, BMW, etc to all be competitively priced.
I'm curious what models you saw that were $40K+.

Grampi doesn't use real facts. He found a CVO with dealer added options that was over priced and used that. My new Limited was $28k sticker price. The Goldwing was $29k and the BMW GTL was $30k.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
30's technology at 2014 prices deserves to be bashed.

Did I miss computer controlled electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition, electric start, and anti lock disk brakes in my studies of 1930's Automotive/Motorcycle history?

Only thing 1930's like on the new Harleys is the fact they are 45 degree air cooled engines using pushrod activated overhead vales and a single crank pin. I will say that performance for displacement has not much improved in the OEM engines despite the advent of better technologies. Of course emissions standards have a huge role in the timidness of air cooled engines these days.

They're still stone-age air-cooled engines that shake like they have advanced Parkinsons and need various Band-Aid fixes (like shutting down a cylinder in traffic!) to not overheat and seize in traffic! I can dress up a Model T engine with EFI and overhead cams...but it's still a fossil!

The overheat shutdown circuit tells me all I need to know about Harley...

My air cooled Yamaha Road Star had the same shut down circuit. They still use it. I bet most air cooled bikes have an overheat program. I never heard of a Harley seizing a piston. My old Harley went into over heat once at a highway backup in 105 degree heat after 30 minutes. It never stopped running and my buddies Goldwing was overheating too.
On my new Harley the radiator fans just come on.

Now I'm making stuff up? Like what? I think you've lost it man...

When you said "Harleys cost 2-3 times more than Japanese bikes", I thought you were making that up. If you weren't making that up, I guess you're just clueless when it comes to motorcycles.

I don't ever recall seeing any $40K+ price tags on any metrics (not even close), though I did see a couple of new Harleys just within the last month with price tags that high...

I recall a full-dress Goldwing is $35k.

Originally Posted By: dr2152

If you're comparing CVOs to your bike, then the Harley is going to be more expensive. If you make an intelligent comparison, you'll see models from Harley, Honda, BMW, etc to all be competitively priced.
I'm curious what models you saw that were $40K+.

Grampi doesn't use real facts. He found a CVO with dealer added options that was over priced and used that. My new Limited was $28k sticker price. The Goldwing was $29k and the BMW GTL was $30k.

That's some nice card shuffling there...comparing the highest priced metrics you can find to the lowest priced Harley is hardly a comparison you'll normally see...I don't know where you buy your Harleys, but most of the baggers now days are well into the 30s, and the decked out ones being over 40 is more common than you might think...you aren't going to see many metrics in that price range regardless of how they're equipped...

Last edited:
Grampi.
A fully decked out cvo,and a fully decked out gold wing are gonna cost close to the same.
I'm sure the gears up there are still using non detergent 30 grade so I'll even tell you why.
It's because both manufacturers will charge what the market will bear.

You know I watch you post in every single motorcycle thread and it really doesn't matter what the threads about you very quickly ramp up the Harley hate.
So I decided to google up a profiling app and I inputed what I've observed and I must admit its very telling.
You get tunnel vision when a bike thread comes up or bike gets mentioned. Its like my dog when I say ball. He rips around the house looking for his ball. He'll even grab other balls,but they aren't the right one,but he doesn't care cause he has ball on his mind.
Now that like you when someone writes bike. You voraciously look everywhere for a Harley to trash,seven when the thread is about Indian all you see is Harley hate.
So I'm wondering what we have to do to get you to focus here. Using my dog as comparison if I get him a milk bone he'll eat it and focus,so when I say ball again he'll usually find his. Kinda like a time out to think with a snack.
So is there someone there who can get you a snack,help you focus,because this thread is about Indians.
There is an easy way for you to get in all the Harley bashing you want. You can start a thread of your own and title it grampi's Harley hate thread and I'm sure you will get some like minded folks to post in it. And you guys can pat each other on the backs and laugh about how you got the greatest bike on earth,while other people bought Harley's.
Even better. You can post a Harley hate thread in a Honda forum. I'll bet you can surely drum up some yes men over there,because while you're wallowing in all this Harley hate/which is obviously compensating for something,the Harley guys are gonna be out riding,and not griping about how much they don't like Honda.
I'm thinking that this Harley hate stems from your youth when some guys riding Harley's didn't wave at you on your moped and you've been harbouring all this animosity since then.
Or a Harley guy took your girl,and she told you she aunt riding on the back of no Honda.
Whatever the reason your gonna make that vein in your temple explode if you keep this up.
Let it go man. Great. You don't like Harley's. Don't buy one. It's that simple.
You truly aren't informing anyone when you bring up antiquated design and whatever other fall down point that comes as a fleeting thought.
Let it go. Have a cookie. Focus.
And get over it man. You've got some really deep seeded anger when it comes to Harley's and it's not healthy man.
Maybe you should go ride your bike and release some stress.
Its funny. When I'm riding I'm not thinking about a Honda.
When/if you even ride you can't get the thought of Harley out of your mind.
Breathe bud. Focus.
Indians.....lower priced

Pity lock on the thread before this poor guy blows a vein and aneurism is achieved.
Where should I send the Harley dew rag

Clevy, again, go back and read through this thread and you'll clearly see that Bigcahuna started the pi$$in match, not me, I simply replied to it, and as usual, the Harley Kool-Aid drinkers pour out of the woodwork to defend their beloved brand to the death...I will say what I've said before, if you don't like the heat in the kitchen, stay out...in other words, if people don't like hearing the truth, then don't read the posts...

Last edited:
Clevy, again, go back and read through this thread and you'll clearly see that Bigcahuna started the pi$$in match, not me, I simply replied to it, and as usual, the Harley Kool-Aid drinkers pour out of the woodwork to defend their beloved brand to the death...I will say what I've said before, if you don't like the heat in the kitchen, stay out...in other words, if people don't like hearing the truth, then don't read the posts...

Not sure what you drink but it needs to be tested. You are the one getting the heat and you don't take it well. So far you have little truth in your post. That's why no one hears it. Maybe a basket weaving hobby will help you. It's clear you don't ride much. Maybe get a bike and spend time on the road.

Not sure what you drink but it needs to be tested. You are the one getting the heat and you don't take it well. So far you have little truth in your post. That's why no one hears it. Maybe a basket weaving hobby will help you. It's clear you don't ride much. Maybe get a bike and spend time on the road.

Typical Harley guy...hears what he wants, disregards the rest...I feel a lock coming...

Last edited:

Typical Harley guy...hears what he wants, disregards the rest...I feel a lock coming...

I'm riding the Honda today to go look a Indians. Tomorrow I'll be the Harley guy.

Good Lord, you assume so much! Relax! Not everybody associated with HD's drinks the Kool aid.

(Not a Harley guy but not a Harley hater either)

Originally Posted By: jayg

Good Lord, you assume so much! Relax! Not everybody associated with HD's drinks the Kool aid.

I'm not assuming anything. Look at this thread for example. If anything negative is said about Harleys, and mean anything, the Harley guys come out of the woodwork to say it's nothing but lies, and/or you're just a Harley basher. Point out anything negative about the brand and you're a bad person with a hate problem...if that isn't drinking the Kool-Aid then I guess I don't know what is...

I'm not assuming anything. Look at this thread for example. If anything negative is said about Harleys, and mean anything, the Harley guys come out of the woodwork to say it's nothing but lies, and/or you're just a Harley basher. Point out anything negative about the brand and you're a bad person with a hate problem...if that isn't drinking the Kool-Aid then I guess I don't know what is...

I like the look of the Indian except the radiator.

Grampi all you say about Harley is negative. Most of the people here who are calling you a Harley basher don't own a Harley. Doesn't that tell you something?

Me too and the total weight. That's modern bikes though.

I think losing 100lb would make it a great bike. And a smaller radiator.

Grampi all you say about Harley is negative. Most of the people here who are calling you a Harley basher don't own a Harley. Doesn't that tell you something?

Not true, most of the whiners are Harley owners...and MOST of what I say about Harleys is negative...I did say they have nice paint and chrome...do you have any more exaggerations? Besides, would you rather I lie and say only nice things about Harley?

This place is unbelievable. I posted here a month ago to give my opinion on the topic of this post. I've since went on a 3 week tour out west. And when I come back, this post is still the most talked about thing in the section. What happened? Because I wasn't here to disagree with certain people, the dogs of the site have turned against each other. Making insulting references, name calling, and generally being rude to people who share a common interest. Are you guys that bored that you can't hear out other peoples thoughts, and move on? It's a shame that a few good members have left due to this kind of activity. But if you feel the need to blame me for everything that goes on here, go ahead I 've learned to let this kind of stuff roll off my back. It seems some others here should try the same.,,

I think losing 100lb would make it a great bike. And a smaller radiator.

Absolutely. An aftermarket radiator is doable but its hard to find a way to ditch 100 lbs on that thing.

The weight isn't too bad when compared to other cruisers. A HD 883 is in the mid-500lb range and it's got a much smaller engine and no liquid cooling. That radiator needs to be dressed up, or covered or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back