Deeza Let Me Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Raybestos Professional outer tierod end today. It is massive compared to the cheesy Deeza Taiwan job with far superior finish and threads. The end cap was threaded to accept the zerk. The original greasable Deeza was self-tapping. I can not tell anything about the internals, of course, but by outward appearances, the Ray Pro is vastly superior to the Deeza re-boxed Taiwan unbranded. I gave her a few squirts of Mystic hi-temp, exercised her hard and pumped her a few more times. The good new is the Deeza and Ray Pro have exactly the same dimensions so I should not need a wheel alignment.

Last edited:
I just replaced some Deeza rear sway bar links. I replaced them 35K miles ago, but I think they have been bad for 8-10K miles. Just noticed them when I had the wheels off for rotation.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I just replaced some Deeza rear sway bar links. I replaced them 35K miles ago, but I think they have been bad for 8-10K miles. Just noticed them when I had the wheels off for rotation.

Did you install Deeza's 35k miles ago and they have been bad for 8-10 k miles?

Last edited:
Just found this. Earlier in the thread we talked about getting bad info from an uninformed Customer Service rep who told me I did not need to grease the Deeza greasable outer tierod end before putting into service. This is from Deeza's website.

http://deezachassis.com/grease.asp

Deeza brags about their modern plant in Turkey staffed with "highly trained" engineers. I assume they must have some basis for this recommendation although I would never follow it again!

Originally Posted By: artbuc
Originally Posted By: ET16

Did you install Deeza's 35k miles ago and they have been bad for 8-10 k miles?

Yes.

Just found this. Earlier in the thread we talked about getting bad info from an uninformed Customer Service rep who told me I did not need to grease the Deeza greasable outer tierod end before putting into service. This is from Deeza's website.

Deeza brags about their modern plant in Turkey staffed with "highly trained" engineers. I assume they must have some basis for this recommendation although I would never follow it again!

The engineers are not manning the customer service phones, that person is reading from a book or if they are lazy just throwing an answer out there they think is right.

Originally Posted By: Trav

The engineers are not manning the customer service phones, that person is reading from a book or if they are lazy just throwing an answer out there they think is right.

The point is that Deeza, on their website, is clearly stating all of their greasable products are pre-greased and do not require additional lubrication for 4-5k miles or the first oil change. Surely this statement was developed by or at least approved by their engineers. It is unfair to blame a CSR for telling me the same thing that Deeza publishes on their website. To the contrary, it would be irresponsible for the CSR to make something up.

Here is the first definitive statement I have found from a manufacturer stating the need to lube before use:

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/4468/greasing-chassis-parts-helps-them-last-longer#.U_mih2K9KSM

PS Deeza came back to me and said they are now out-sourcing about 20% of their products plus they have changed the design of their tie rod ends to eliminate the zerk fitting. I told them they should update their website because it still says all of their products are made in their modern factory in Turkey and they still show their tie rod ends with zerks. Looks like Deeza is going to the dark side. I bought a Raybestos Profesional grade. No more Deeza for me.

I have the same issue with the right side tie rod end(by deeza) that looks pretty much like a Meyle part which was shipped by Amazon...I got the left tie rod end with zero fitting(deeza)...did not know wether or not to grease it...still wondering..

I've been waiting for Amazon to mail me the correct one with the fitting...they are looking and looking and looking..its been 2 months and I pretty much know that they are not going to find it...Rock Auto couldn't find it and they gave me the one without the fitting for free because of all the hassle and because of the image that they had online..the image had the zerk fitting....and it was by deeza...

I think i should let Amazon know that they will never find it....

Last edited:

The point is that Deeza, on their website, is clearly stating all of their greasable products are pre-greased and do not require additional lubrication for 4-5k miles or the first oil change. Surely this statement was developed by or at least approved by their engineers. It is unfair to blame a CSR for telling me the same thing that Deeza publishes on their website. To the contrary, it would be irresponsible for the CSR to make something up.

Are we really arguing the point that you give a greasable joint a shot of grease when it is installed? That's just good shop practice.
I mean enough grease to last 4 or 5k isn't much more than assy lube. I think they might be over estimating the abilities of their grease.
IMHO its just asking for trouble not to get the grease gun on the joint when its first been installed.

Are we really arguing the point that you give a greasable joint a shot of grease when it is installed? That's just good shop practice.
I mean enough grease to last 4 or 5k isn't much more than assy lube. I think they might be over estimating the abilities of their grease.
IMHO its just asking for trouble not to get the grease gun on the joint when its first been installed.

No Trav, not at all arguing the need to grease before putting into service. Just wanted all to understand that the recommendation to NOT grease before putting into service is an official Deeza recommendation, not some [censored] coming from an uninformed CSR.

Deeza's decision to sell re-boxed unbranded, non-greasable outer tie rod ends made in Taiwan while still advertising that they are selling the original greasable part made in their modern Turkey plant is pure bait and switch. Add this to their dubious recommendation to not grease before putting into service has convinced me to never buy from Deeza again.

Last edited:
I agree reboxing Taiwan parts is low rent and something i don't want either.
They need to rethink their greasing policy i think.
I have used Deeza for a long time without any trouble but like we see all too often good companies go bad with outsourcing.

Hopefully this is not the case but i think they need to be looked at closely.
I find myself buying more and more OEM parts now then ever before. The amount of defective aftermarket parts is getting worse not better.

Update

Have not received the Deeza replacement tire rod end from Amazon..

Will have to just cancel the order
Doubt that there are any tie rod ends with grease fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back