Goofed up my transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a rebuilt valve body for my 4L60E from Ken Partin Transmission Parts. I got everything assembled, and now when I drive it, it feels OK in first, but when it hits second, it kind of goes thunk, thunk, thunk and jerks a lot. Sounds like I either assembled something wrong, or missed something. I'm going to pull it apart again tomorrow morning.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
What was the reason for installing a new valve body?

Code p1870

It's after the shift. I think I may not have installed the 3-4 accumulator check ball.

Yeah, if you can see the check balls then I would make sure they are all there and in the correct location. When I did the JMod to the valve body of the CVPI, I accidentally tilted it while I was modifying it and one of the balls fell out of its spot into another location in the VB. I had a shudder on the 2-3.

Thanks. I just took it apart and put it back together again, and sure enough, I was missing the accumulator check valve. It's in the case, so you have to stick it up in there with something. I don't have transgel, so I used Vaseline.

Interestingly, after I put it in, I noticed that there was a broken solenoid. I didn't handle it roughly, so it must have been cracked in shipment, or was just defective. I was able to take the old one off the old valve body.

I'll post more after I take a test drive.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Thanks. I just took it apart and put it back together again, and sure enough, I was missing the accumulator check valve. It's in the case, so you have to stick it up in there with something. I don't have transgel, so I used Vaseline.

Interestingly, after I put it in, I noticed that there was a broken solenoid. I didn't handle it roughly, so it must have been cracked in shipment, or was just defective. I was able to take the old one off the old valve body.

I'll post more after I take a test drive.

There is a little screen on the 4R70 that you kinda have to glue up to the trans with something. I use vaseline for that too. :p
Good to hear it was simple, though Im sure it sucked taking a second ATF shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back