Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

There's no way I'd short biotechs. Best looking cup and handle I've seen in a while. Why short a raging bull market??? BTFDs, don't short the rips when the trend is clearly up up and away.
21.gif

I follow it closely as I was able to successfully short IBB in March, although I exited too soon. Then I shorted it again in July as it looked as double top formation. However, I made little on that trade as it wasn't a double top.

While it looks a bit like a cup and handle it is clearly not. True C&H don't have V-shape bottom and should have U-shape volume: http://thepatternsite.com/cup.html

So, I don't know what it is, because certainly it doesn't look like a triple top either. Looks similar to what happened in Jan 13 or Sept 13.

Shorting it in Sept 13 worked, but not in Jan 13. Not a clear picture.

Speaking about long term, I would not open any new long positions at this point, too many screwy things happening geopolitically, maybe except for gold, but I'm even waiting for that, as dollar has room to go much higher from here.

Originally Posted By: Turk
I'm up 10.11% YTD, so that's not too bad being somewhat conservative.

September & October are usually volatile, so I'll pump more in on the next pullback, but (hopefully) without catching the falling knife!!

As of today I'm up 8% on my $RUT investment I bought on August 12th. Because of my busy schedule at work I wasn't able to sell on friday like I planned. But it worked out for the better.

Yap, retail money bids the price first thing in the morning and the big money players cash their chips the rest of the day. IBB is especially very effected in the last 3 days. This is why I went long BIS (inverse IBB) this AM, just before the action started.

I sold all my TMF this morning. Should have done it sooner, but still a great trade. Sold all my SPY position as well; looks like it's rolling over again. Bought some $30 October VXX calls; tiny amount. If it pops Monday, I'll load in for a day or 2 if the market gaps down. Interesting to note that there was a solid Vix divergence; ie, the SP500 made a new all time high but the Vix didn't even come close to making a new low.

My portfolio has been hit hard this week, down more then 1%. BP and LNCO continue up nicely, everything else is red...

OTOH: As of 9/01/14 It's up 17.25% YTD, and 35.12% for 1 year.

I wonder what is going on with ARR? I may have to buy some more...

The last little dip was good for me. I sold a little at the at the start and bought 2 new stocks near the bottom.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Watching SDRL intensely. Cover me I might go in. Casually watching BABA furt around 90.

Yes! 52 week low today. Last time this low was 08/2011 .

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back