It's August in NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been beautiful this summer. We have run the AC far less than usual, and I love to sleep with the windows open, which we have been able to do far more often this summer. What has made it even better is that despite this pool temperatures and ocean have both been consistently comfortable,which I don't recall for the last few years.

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
It's foul as usual here: nearly 90 F. (and sometimes more) every day, with 90% humidity at dawn and 50% or more during the day. Low temps? Ha. 80-82 F. with that 90% wetness, so the heat index is sometimes 90.

Suffice it to say I haven't noticed any appreciable dropping of summer temps here.

where is "da swamp" ? you might as well be in Cambodia, or Vietnam.hang in there. that weather will soon be gone.

I'd assume Louisiana

I thought "da swamp" was a term used for the Gainesville, FL university of FL area.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I thought "da swamp" was a term used for the Gainesville, FL university of FL area.

Agreed, but it is typically a Lose-ee-ana kinda thang.

98 here yesterday, so no break on OUR ac bill...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

No idea. "Da Swamp" is merely my honest, critical evaluation of this pesthole: New Orleans. Maybe other sub-tropical and tropical climes are tolerable thanks to breezes from the sea. The only breezes you get here is when you walk past an air-conditoned business just as someone opens the door.

We've not yet hit 100F, afaik, and most likely will not. Very unusual for around here, although we've not had much of a break from the humidity.

A welcome relief from a few summers ago when I was measuring 118F in our backyard. In the shade.

We had a cool stretch from the mid 70's to the mid 80's around here, and I hope we're cycling back to that.

We are finally getting some actual summer weather here in Baltimore.

To the person in NJ, Atlantic City was plenty hot enough on Tuesday and the beaches were crowded.

It was 58 when I left the house this morning for work at 8am, which is extremely cool for this time of year here. Supposed to be almost 90 again tomorrow though, so back to more normal temps, unfortunately.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's global warming.............er, climate change...........er
Leaves are already falling here, and it's not even September. I can count the 90F days this summer on half of one hand...One of my hobbies is solar physics. Penn & Livingston are being proven right. We may be heading into a Grand Minimum. The historical statistics do not bode well for warmth, or the warmists.

Solar physics trumps climate "science" with me. It ain't cow farts.

Leaves are falling here too...due to lack of rain! June & July were quite mild here compared to past decade at least. August has been more like August. The Sun is getting closer to the equator and the Fall Equinox is rapidly approaching (Sept 23).

I too have taken an active interest in our nearest star since obtaining a solar filter for my telescope in 1998. Back then, there were numerous sunspots across the face, like a long chain of multiple islands. Then it began to get quiet and even small 'dots' were rare. We've been in a Minimum for nearly 12 yrs now and still our star is quiet..save for a few X-class flares....

Physics: It's Not Just a Good Idea...It's the LAW!

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
It's foul as usual here: nearly 90 F. (and sometimes more) every day, with 90% humidity at dawn and 50% or more during the day. Low temps? Ha. 80-82 F. with that 90% wetness, so the heat index is sometimes 90.

Suffice it to say I haven't noticed any appreciable dropping of summer temps here.

where is "da swamp" ? you might as well be in Cambodia, or Vietnam.hang in there. that weather will soon be gone.

He's in the NOLA (New Orleans, La.) hinterlands/bayous somewhere.

It has actually been what I would call "cold" most nights this summer here on the Joyzee/Pennsyltuckey border, for summer at least.
wink.gif

We're having a "cool" summer so far. Most days have been 95-99, compared to 105-110 last year. Who am I kidding, it's still hot!

No, Dailydriver, I'm dead in the middle of the city, not the hinterlands, and dreaming of living again in a climate like Drew's Colorado Springs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back