Cut Open: Fram XG8A 13,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: merdog
RockAuto/com has the EG8A for 7 bucks.....
Their shipping kills any kind of deal.

Best to add a bunch of filters to AAP, use a coupon code, and then pick up in store (get 4 pure ones and then get a 12 rebate.)

i still can't us a fram
frown.gif

How about $8.97 XG8A for two 7500mile OCIs?
They say 15k on the box and I see no reason to doubt on a clean engine.
It is like getting a half priced filter.
Change filter once a year.
Fumoto valve makes the drain easy.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
I crunched it when taking it off thats why the can and media are dented
Uh ohhh, that must mean the can is too thin and you should NEVER use one again.
grin2.gif
J/K

Only Fram worth a darn. If I regularly ran 10k+ OCI's it would be worth shot for the ~$9 Wally price. Kind of a shame these aren't included in any/more oil/filter change synthetic oil promos instead of the TG.

Thanks for the pics.

They are regularly included in oil change promos at Advance Auto Parts (Ultra filters)

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: TTK
If there is a better filter on the market, I haven't seen it.

you asked...

i'd take these two over that so called synthetic filter anyday...I've dissected a XG, doesn't compare.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1494444

Funny you say this when both of these filters are nothing more than copies of an Ultra without the silicone ADBV. FRAM pioneered synthetic media long before any other filter company

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Originally Posted By: sayjac
..... Kind of a shame these aren't included in any/more oil/filter change synthetic oil promos instead of the TG....

They are regularly included in oil change promos at Advance Auto Parts (Ultra filters)

May be the case now, but back in 2011 when this thread was started as evidenced by the OP's Extended Guard, such was not true even for Extended Guard.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
...FRAM pioneered synthetic media long before any other filter company

I was under the impression based on reading here that Donaldson pioneered synthetic media as posted in the linked thread. But OVERKILL can expand/comment on that if he chooses.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...r_M#Post3373651

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back