Made the Tough Guard Decision today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a jug of 0w20 Pennzoil Platinum new whatever formula today at Walmart, 21.97$ (plus comes with a 10.00$ MIR Form)
I was going to pick up another Bosch D+, but the size for my car was out of stock. Purolator was out of stock. Mopar size isn't stocked at that walmart. Left me with FRAM selection and ACDELCO PF48.
Well, I went with the toughguard. the Ultra filter was out of stock. So it was one of Extra Guard, Tough Guard, or High Mileage.
Went with the tough guard for 5.94$

Kills me knowing this is the first FRAM ive used. Will cut open at 10,000MI though!
thumbsup2.gif

Tough Guards are excellent, if they weren't six bucks they'd probably be all I'd use. Definitely my go to filter for longer OCI's.

Originally Posted By: sicko
PP is $12 after rebates now? If so, that's an excellent deal.

its 21.97$ here at walmart with a sticker on it for 10$ MIR.
Why I bought it today, and it went in.

its also the "new" platinum, PurePlus Platinum. the 27.97$ Ultra Platinum had the stickers as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
So it was one of Extra Guard, Tough Guard, or High Mileage.

I thought an Extra Guard was the old name for the Ultra? They both start with XG for the part number... I would have gone with that.

Extra Guard part numbers start with PH.
XG is extended guard/ultra.
Originally Posted By: HangFire
So it was one of Extra Guard, Tough Guard, or High Mileage.

I thought an Extra Guard was the old name for the Ultra? They both start with XG for the part number... I would have gone with that.

i cant use a fram but now we wont use the ones that tear either we have been buying cheap [censored] filters that seem to be very high quality

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Extra Guard part numbers start with PH.
XG is extended guard/ultra.

Thanks!

So eXtended versus eXtra... at least their marketing department stopped toking whatever it was and changed the name to Ultra. One of the names. I just read it again and still can't remember which was which. No wonder I used Purolators for all those years!

Picked up a jug of 0w20 Pennzoil Platinum new whatever formula today at Walmart, 21.97$ (plus comes with a 10.00$ MIR Form)
I was going to pick up another Bosch D+, but the size for my car was out of stock. Purolator was out of stock. Mopar size isn't stocked at that walmart. Left me with FRAM selection and ACDELCO PF48.
Well, I went with the toughguard. the Ultra filter was out of stock. So it was one of Extra Guard, Tough Guard, or High Mileage.

The department manager needs to order, lots of lost sales.
Kills me knowing this is the first FRAM ive used. Will cut open at 10,000MI though!
thumbsup2.gif

With the Dart being now a common car, I don't see why its hard to find filters for it. Alot of places don't stock alot of mopar or after market filters for it, and the ones they do stock are sold out half the time.

I believe the Fall rebate only applies to purchases made Septmber 1 on. So you gotta buy more. Or return it and buy it again. Also make sure to buy the jugs with the FRN stickers on them. The codes still work for a few more months. Shell could be paying you to use their product.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I believe the Fall rebate only applies to purchases made Septmber 1 on. So you gotta buy more. Or return it and buy it again. Also make sure to buy the jugs with the FRN stickers on them. The codes still work for a few more months. Shell could be paying you to use their product.

I don't think you can combine those two promos, but if FRN is still working then that's a $20 return on a 5 quart jug so still a great deal if you have Shell stations nearby and they are not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back