Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Either intake or exhaust note...OR together, what is the best sounding car you ever owned (completely stock)?

1997 VW GTi VR6

My 1973 Ford Courier with a 302 V8 shoe horned into it. No cats, just glass packs exiting sideways behind the cab, uber bliss as a 16 yr old.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
My 1973 Ford Courier with a 302 V8 shoe horned into it. No cats, just glass packs exiting sideways behind the cab, uber bliss as a 16 yr old.

thumbsup2.gif

My 1998 3000GT SL had an awesome oem exhaust. Sounded throaty but not loud at all. My 300ZX's exhaust is so quiet you can't hear it at all,not even standing behind it.

I love my current car. The 6.1 simply is always powerful sounding outside but whisper quiet inside all the time.

Nice thrum of power at idle with a bit of a bark if your foot is in it, but it doesn't make every cop for miles wake up and look around....

Completely stock: 2005 Mustang GT

Not stock: 2003 Mustang Cobra

Long tube headers, offroad x pipe, cat back - Bassani the whole way.

Best. Sounding. Car. Ever. Between the supercharger whine and the exhaust note it was intoxicating. Had people flag me down more than a few times to ask about it. The ladies loved it, too.

Last edited:
The engine of my Fit is so quiet, I used to try to start it sometimes when it was already started and just idling -- resulting in that nasty grinding sound from the starter. I've learned to check to see if it's started by checking the tach.

1993 Skyline GTS-T. RB25, Full Race header, ARC exhaust, t3/t4 turbo. Hi revving and strung out turbo straight 6.

Honorable mention: 93 Twin Turbo RX7. Peter Ferall Supercars exhaust, So smooth. Still had the factory airpump on it so it sounded terrible/awesome at the same time.

I've never had a hot-rod, but I recall my new 1993 Dodge Dakota with the 3.7L Magnum having a really cool rumble to it.

I also installed an inexpensive rear muffler delete on my new 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek for a short period of time. The unequal runner length on the new FB series engine's exhaust manifold gives them a nice raspy burble when you get on them (w/out rear muffler), but this little bit of noise transferred too much vibration and harshness into the cabin on my XV. I slapped the rear muffler back on. Literally takes 5min.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jayg
1993 Skyline GTS-T. RB25, Full Race header, ARC exhaust, t3/t4 turbo. Hi revving and strung out turbo straight 6.

Honorable mention: 93 Twin Turbo RX7. Peter Ferall Supercars exhaust, So smooth. Still had the factory airpump on it so it sounded terrible/awesome at the same time.

WOW! ...and i thought i was Japanese big-time with my Greddy EVO VIII and bubble eye WRX between 2004 and 2007.

Originally Posted By: dparm
My old S2000 with Comptech intake:

Man, any VTECH sounds glorious past 4000 and Comptech is great quality stuff.

Originally Posted By: JTK
...transferred too much vibration and harshness into the cabin... I slapped the rear muffler back on.

My issue with mods as well. Just not worth it anymore. Lol... AGE

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
My '87 GT T-Top Mustang.

Really?? Over the M5?

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: JTK
...transferred too much vibration and harshness into the cabin... I slapped the rear muffler back on.

My issue with mods as well. Just not worth it anymore. Lol... AGE

Closing in on 44, I had no business trying that anyway. LOL.

The crackly burble this little 2.0L 5spd let out was neat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back