Pennzoil HM vs Mobil Super HM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: wemay
I have lost all faith in the Customer Svc Tech line of all the oil mfrs.

You shouldn't have had faith in them in the first place.
wink.gif

Yeah Garak, you're right.

Yep, I've given up long ago trying to straighten out Shell's data sheets, trying to get the real information from Castrol (rather than the minimums), or trying to reconcile the difference between data sheets and bottles from XOM.

The data sheets for High Mileage on Mobil's website, that say it's a mix of conventional and synthetic base oils, are dated 6-2014!

And here on the same website, on the Mobile car engine oils FAQ webpage:

5. Has Mobil Clean 7500 been discontinued? Is there a replacement for Mobil Clean 7500?
Mobil Clean 7500 has been discontinued, and we no longer offer a semi-synthetic product.

Also customer service has got back to me and said MSHM is in fact semi-syn and the bottles should reflect this fact.

"It states that the product is a synthetic blend motor oil.

-MJ"

And it get's even better.

I just got back from the Walmart store in Danvers, Massachusetts.

I did not have a phone or camera with me, so there are no photographs.

But on the shelves I found Mobil Super High Mileage in two formulations; 10W-30 and 10W-40.

For both formulations, the 5 quart bottles are labeled as Synthetic Blend.

For both formulations, the 1 quart bottles are labeled as Full Synthetic.

With "labeled", I refer to the Mobil product comparison sticker on the back every jug and bottle.

"2013" is stamped on all of the containers that I looked at.

So it is anyone's guess as to what the heck is going on with this company.

Originally Posted By: babbittd
And it get's even better.

I just got back from the Walmart store in Danvers, Massachusetts.

I did not have a phone or camera with me, so there are no photographs.

But on the shelves I found Mobil Super High Mileage in two formulations; 10W-30 and 10W-40.

For both formulations, the 5 quart bottles are labeled as Synthetic Blend.

For both formulations, the 1 quart bottles are labeled as Full Synthetic.

With "labeled", I refer to the Mobil product comparison sticker on the back every jug and bottle.

"2013" is stamped on all of the containers that I looked at.

So it is anyone's guess as to what the heck is going on with this company.

The official company line is MSHM is semi-synthetic. I will go with what the employee's of XOM state what the product is. Not mislabeled comparison chart.

The employee at XOM said to me that there are no bottles being sold, illustrating what we've all seen. No matter what I said. I asked if it could have been a misprint? He wouldn't even acknowledge that... Lol, wha?!

I received the same response of MJ. Welcome to the pain of pulling information from XOM. One of the reasons why I am not a fan of XOM.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I received the same response of MJ. Welcome to the pain of pulling information from XOM. One of the reasons why I am not a fan of XOM.

I see that now. This was my first experience with such bullheadedness from them.

I had a small weep of an oil leak on my Ranger. I ran the Pennzoil HM for three oil changes 15,000 miles. Still weeping a little but my engine ran nice and quiet during that time. I switched over to maxlife and the weep stopped completely in the first thousand miles. The engine is a lot louder though. Never tried the Mobil HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back