Thoughts on this stuff? Lucas UCL + IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a bottle of this stuff

Has anyone used it and what do you think?
I have heard many people say Lucas is a snake oil company, especially with their oil stabilizer (which i tried and don't like either) but i've only heard good things about the UCL and cleaner
My old man has always used it and i have been stealing some recently everytime i fill up, and in combo with 98 octane fuel my car has never run so smooth, quiet and it no longer pings!
I was pretty impressed with the stuff so i've just bought my own bottle before he notices his supply running low

I have used it. I never noticed a big difference in performance or gas mileage the few times I have in different vehicles, like I do running Techron or Gumout with regane.

Maybe someone else can elaborate as I'm not sure, but this product doesn't contain any PEA's, correct?

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
I have used it. I never noticed a big difference in performance or gas mileage the few times I have in different vehicles, like I do running Techron or Gumout with regane.

Maybe someone else can elaborate as I'm not sure, but this product doesn't contain any PEA's, correct?

So far i feel my car is more responsive. Maybe because my engine had a lot of carbon build up, poor performance and pinging from using cheap fuel with no UCL
I've heard of but not seen either Techron or Gumout
And nope no peas from what i can see!

Okay thanks for the input guys
This bottle should last a couple of months so i'll see how it goes over that time, if i continue getting good results i'll continue using it. If not i'll ask for some other recommendations!
I really like the idea of a UCL as well as a fuel system cleaner though. Never had any luck with just injector cleaners in the past and i like having that extra wear protection. So far this is the only fuel additive i've used with any noticeably good results

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
I have heard many people say Lucas is a snake oil company, especially with their oil stabilizer (which i tried and don't like either) but i've only heard good things about the UCL and cleaner

The problem with Lucas is they make so many products, some very good, and some very bad, that it's getting hard to tell them apart. Personally, I like the Red Line SI-1, which is priced relatively favorably up here. It does have the PEA cleaner and also claims an upper cylinder lube. I've never been sold on the need of a UCL, but if it's incorporated in something else I know works and at a decent price, I don't mind. For what it's worth, if I were looking for a UCL, I'd be looking at one of the threads here about the use of TC-W3 oil.

I try to avoid Lucas products.

Personally witnessed my sister-inlaws father pour a 2-3 quart? Sized bottle into her engine. Needless to say it didn't go to well.

From what iv heard Lucas is only used in non professional/ semi professional races and drag strips since the cars pour so much alcohol into the engines that it causes the oil to thin out extremely quickly. Lucas is a thick oil so it helps the longevity of the oil.

I could be wrong but that all iv really gathered about it at the dirt tracks.

I'm perfectly fine with a good engine oil. Beyond that the occastionall solvent is the only additive for me.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I try to avoid Lucas products...

+1. I have never had any good luck with Lucas Products in general. No BAD experiences, just haven't ever seen any improvements after use.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

The problem with Lucas is they make so many products, some very good, and some very bad, that it's getting hard to tell them apart. Personally, I like the Red Line SI-1, which is priced relatively favorably up here. It does have the PEA cleaner and also claims an upper cylinder lube. I've never been sold on the need of a UCL, but if it's incorporated in something else I know works and at a decent price, I don't mind. For what it's worth, if I were looking for a UCL, I'd be looking at one of the threads here about the use of TC-W3 oil.

I think it's older engines that benefit from a UCL to be honest, and definitely ones designed for leaded fuel.
I definitely notice a far smoother and quieter engine when using one even though my engine isnt that old or high milage
I know a lot of people like to use regular 2 stroke, but would that cause any carbon build up or other problems in a 4 stroke engine?

After 3 days now its running the smoothest it ever has, feels and sounds like the engine is off at idle and no longer has a slight stutter

With the addition of 15w50 oil, MoS2 and new engine mounts it should be like silk soon

Might give the outboard oil a go next time and see how that goes! I'll be hapy with the same results as it would be a lot cheaper

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I try to avoid Lucas products.

Personally witnessed my sister-inlaws father pour a 2-3 quart? Sized bottle into her engine. Needless to say it didn't go to well.

From what iv heard Lucas is only used in non professional/ semi professional races and drag strips since the cars pour so much alcohol into the engines that it causes the oil to thin out extremely quickly. Lucas is a thick oil so it helps the longevity of the oil.

I could be wrong but that all iv really gathered about it at the dirt tracks.

I'm perfectly fine with a good engine oil. Beyond that the occastionall solvent is the only additive for me.

Dude. Pay attention. He's not asking about the junk oil stabilizer.

Op

Don't overdose that stuff. Follow the directions. It contains polyisobutylene which is a polymer that is known to help fuel burn more completely. So it should help mileage.
Personally I'm using a home brewed fuel add that has tc-w3 and toluene/xylene/acetone in it.
I can honestly say I can feel the difference in how my vehicles run when its not added,and my forklift loves the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back