9 year old kid kills gun instructor with auto Uzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665

You insult the membership here on BITOG, then you deny being a liberal elitist?

Just what exactly is a liberal elitist?

its a name you call someone when you cant even offer a single basic argument that will hold itself up on its own two feet. usually its a characteristic of trolls. but I will defer to whom you asked that question to clarify further...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
like what

A.C.A. 5-27-205; 5-27-206; 5-26-207.

Take your pick.

well all states have such basic child endangerment laws. question is does any of those address giving a 10,12,14 year old a weapon that can cause death to themselves or others ? If yes then how are people publicly declaring with so much pride that they let their child use such a weapon without the fear of being charged or arrested ? If not then you proved yourself wrong.

well all states have such basic child endangerment laws. question is does any of those address giving a 10,12,14 year old a weapon that can cause death to themselves or others ? If yes then how are people publicly declaring with so much pride that they let their child use such a weapon without the fear of being charged or arrested ? If not then you proved yourself wrong.

Of course all states have basic child endangerment laws.

Laws that preserve freedoms take into account that there are right and wrong ways of doing things.

Other laws are absolute prohibitions.

You seem to want an absolute prohibition. While not having a dog in this fight, I disagree. There are proper and safe ways to do things, and improper and unsafe ways to do things. The former should be OK, the other not OK.

There are also other code sections that get things like human services on the backs of wayward parents, that I didn't even bother with citing.

What amazes me is the widespread negligence that exists in many walks of life despite the risk of lawsuits. I see a distinct lack of personal responsibility but also a lack of enforcement and desire to do things right. Many times this seems linked to business and individual greed and their push for profit.

Some examples I have experienced first hand are vehicle repairs by a dealer that were potentially fatal, improper installation of ceiling fans that fell out (luckily no one was underneath at the time), allowing underage kids to ride with a parent in a go kart when they clearly would not be restrained in the event of an accident. And in each case, enforcing meaningful punishment through any authority was not possible.

What I have learnt is that people in all walks of life are prone to negligent acts and that these people are all around us. And since the consequences of negligence with guns are amongst the worst, I am strongly in favor of regulating and enforcing regulations on their ownership and usage. I fully support gun ownership in the home for personal and personal property protection as this is the area where the statistics prove they have a big effect.

I feel as strongly if not more strongly about the lack of standards for everything to do with motor vehicles in CA, as they cause more death and injury.

its a name you call someone when you cant even offer a single basic argument that will hold itself up on its own two feet. usually its a characteristic of trolls. but I will defer to whom you asked that question to clarify further...

Well said.

Even if the guy's actions contributed to his death, completely ignoring his death and his family's state due to it, and name the girl as ONLY victim is ignorant. (I was responding to the poster who said the girl is THE ONLY real victim; i agree that the instructor didn't act very smart).

I really hope the girl's retarded parents will be scarred for life, for creating such an atmosphere where a 9 yr old even GETS to handle an Uzi. But I have a feeling they might be too ignorant to be scarred for life.

The instructor was a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He survived all that to be taken out by a 9 year old girl.

banning guns is one thing, but a 9 year old and a girl with an Uzi. Just plain stupid.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
and name the girl as ONLY victim is ignorant. (I was responding to the poster who said the girl is THE ONLY real victim; i agree that the instructor didn't act very smart).

Not sure who that was. I saw one poster calling her the real victim, not the ONLY victim.

a couple of hours ago, I was reading an article in the paper from the Washington post. the headline -- "a child can legally own a rifle,shotgun in 30 u.s. states".there is NO minimum age for long gun ownership.a parent can give a 13/10/8 year old a shotgun/rifle, and it's legal for the kid to own it.3 boys were posing holding rifles in a pic at the nra convention in may.the youngest looks to be about 9 or 10.
wow.
just to clarify -- I'm not anti gun. I own several weapons, and am qualified to use almost all modern small weapons.
any thinking person would agree that having NO minimum age to own long guns is, at best, moronic.
have a good night.

Originally Posted By: yeti

any thinking person would agree that having NO minimum age to own long guns is, at best, moronic.
have a good night.

There have been incidences where kids well under 18 , while home alone,used weapons to defend forced entry.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

have a good night.

There have been incidences where kids well under 18 , while home alone,used weapons to defend forced entry.

That is a positive note however reality is there are accidental shootings from unsecured/loaded weapons in the home involving children and irresponsible gun owning parents.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: spasm3

have a good night.

That is a positive note however reality is there are accidental shootings from unsecured/loaded weapons in the home involving children and irresponsible gun owning parents.

I agree that does happen, but its not an epidemic problem. There are way more kids beaten to death by moms boyfriends than accidentally killed by fire arms. Why is that not a daily subject that we " must do something about"?

Last edited:
People are morons.

Full auto especially a small UZI the hardest to control out of all of them are poor choices for full grown inexperienced shooters, let alone kids.

YMMV but the full size UZI is a very easy to shoot sub gun...for an adult...who can shoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back