Fram no longer includes an oil change sticker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sir1900
The stickers are only available in the Ultra. The TG and OCOD don't come with stickers. Not sure about the HM though.

The Tough Guard did indeed come with stickers. I saw a couple TG8316's on the shelf that had stickers. But only that filter seemed to have them.

Of course I don;t expect it on the can of death, but their higher-end filters should have it if they did in the past!

Hopefully Motorking will chime in on this one haha

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Maybe people are stealing them to plug the tears in their Purolators.
21.gif

Could be, maybe that's what Purolator is missing

This is old news, its been a while actually. I haven't seen one in quite a while, wish they would bring them back! I am proud to stick it on my windshield, for now I have to settle with the Blackstone Labs stickers
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
I hate stickers on the windows so I don't care.

Doesn't anyone write down the mileage at an OCI anymore?

I still keep a maintenance manual....
21.gif

I do both, I also reset my 2nd trip meter so I always can see exactly how many miles I have on my oil (more like how many miles I have to wait to change it)
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Ive never seen any fram come with one. Is this at walmart or auto parts store?

+1. I just purchased a FU 3 weeks ago at my local Meijer.... No sticker. Just some lines on the box to write on, which I believe someone else mentioned earlier.

21.gif

Not a fan of stickers on the window in MY car either. I put them in others' cars so they can notify me when they are due. I keep a log book in my glove box and also on my phone.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
21.gif

LOL!!!!

Originally Posted By: gregk24
This is old news, its been a while actually. I haven't seen one in quite a while, wish they would bring them back! I am proud to stick it on my windshield, for now I have to settle with the Blackstone Labs stickers
wink.gif

aaah, I see.

Yeah, this is my first time buying Fram. I'm giving them a chance with their new Ultra filter, and also it has a rebate and a good price which is unbeatable for a 15k-rated filter, although it will only be run to 10k because Wally is all out of Castrol EP 5w30, so I had to get the black bottle at a great price of $16 with that coupon. The XG3593A is going on an older Honda.

The other chance I'm giving Fram is because their TG8316 is the only reasonably-priced and reasonably available filter for the Zetec I'm going to change the oil on.

The TG8316's all had the sticker in the box. None of the other filters did.

Now, the TG8316's in question are in the new design box just like the ones without the sticker.

New box designs
ultra1.png

ToughGuard171x177-Oil.png

Old box designs
0000910054693_500X500.jpg

tough_guard.jpg

Quote:
21.gif

Or maybe they're now using the stickers to hold the ends of the media to the end caps on Fram Ultra and EG cartridges.
21.gif

Only ever seen them with the Ultra, as those boxes are sealed, difficult to steal. AAP and other part stores generally have free stickers available.

Not knocking anyone who uses the stickers, but how hard is it, in your mind, to add your normal OCI interval to the present OCI mileage to get your next OCI. I could see this being an issue if you had a fleet of vehicles, but for most family vehicles my thinking is it shouldn't be a problem. For me, to keep it simple, I do an oil change every 5K (at 5K, at 10K, at 15K etc...), give or take a 100 miles. Same principle applies whatever your OCI is. Keeps it simple and I don't have to guess, unless I want the exact date of the change for whatever reason. In that case I look at my maintenance log for that vehicle. I'm guessing for those who follow their OLM, it's not an issue at all. Admittedly, it could be I'm missing something. Regardless, I'm all for what ever makes one happy.

Last edited:
I hit O'reilly every so often and grab a few OCI stickers off of the roll that's always hanging in the oil change section. Free, easy, and convenient..

..but don't stop there. I've found it easier to use an app on my phone called 'Car Maintenance & Fuel' which I can set up reminders in for just about any maintenance record I want. I set up my approximate weekly mileage and how many miles until a particular item is due, and it reminds me when I get close, etc..

At a bare minimum, I can go back and reference how many miles were on the car at my last oil change.

21.gif

I do both. I like the sticker so I can remember how many miles I have on the oil when I'm not at home to check the logs.

About 8 years ago I bought a pack, of oil change sticker of ebay. I think it come in a 100 for $5 , until today I still had ALOT. Look like it will never ran out. I try give to friends I know do their own oil change.

You can get 50 reminder stickers (static cling) for $3.50 (0.07 cents each) shipped on ebay. Even with short 3k OCI's this is enough stickers to last 150,000 miles.

OR

When you're at Walmart picking up your oil, go over to the office supply department and throw a package of 10 Bic pens for $1.97 +tax and a small spiral bound note pad in your basket. You might have to wait for the shelves to get re-stocked because of all the back-to-school hoarders.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Fram used to include oil change stickers with their filters in the box, taped on to one of the flaps.

But now they don't anymore
frown.gif

Sorry about that. We stopped and then of course after our customers told us that was unacceptable, we started putting them back in.

Think a lot of people are missing the point of the sticker. It's a marketing item. People see the Fram or whatever brand sticker in the window, they may request the same. Most filters are the same. When I was a dealer mech, we used whatever mfgr it was's filters, GM-AC, Ford-Motorcraft. When I maintained a truck fleet with 600 units at our location alone we used whatever we got the best deal on. We had gas & diesel trucks with half a million miles on them. We used all brands and it didn't make a difference. We had a storage room filled with cases of just about every brand filter made.

From what I experienced in the business, if you change your oil at the recommended intervals with whatever quality oil and filter you choose, the brand will have little to do with the wear and tear on your engine.

So as for the oil change stickers for the guy changing his own oil, you go with the filter that gives you the best deal. If you like the sticker which a lot of oil change places put on your window and brand X gives you one, use it. Fram and the rest should add this little extra for it's customers. How else would anyone know what brand filter is in this car if you're a passenger thinking about the next oil change you're going to have? That sticker may also be one reason someone buys that brand over a different one, again, they're all the same in my opinion.

BTW, I was at Walmart today and I checked every model Fram filter for my car, 4 models from the basic to the high milage and none of them included a sticker but did have the tab you could tear off.

Last edited:
I don't use stickers. It's the one signal I can send to the world that I change my own oil. Not that anybody in the world would notice in a million years. Plus, I like the front glass to be as uncluttered as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back