9 year old kid kills gun instructor with auto Uzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

You can bet there has been lots of 9 year olds that have driven a mack truck in the yard, or taken the stick of a plane, under supervision. And I'm sure lots of them gave their Dad a scare doing it, but a truck or a plane aren't instantly fatal like a firearm.
Anyways, I don't think the media blames firearms themselves, its just that time and time again, its shown some people just can't handle the responsibility of using them safely. Since you can't ban stupid people, the next option is the tool the stupid people are using.

You missed my point. Would the media be screaming to outlaw Mack trucks and airliners? NO.

You would hear nothing of a "truck culture" or "airline culture" causing deaths.

Originally Posted By: Blaze

!!
Thanks for pointing out the obvious I never would have known that!!...just like the 4-way stop we finally got here about a mile away AFTER 3 serious accidents and over 1200 signatures to get the dang stop signs planted. Sometimes things don't change until something dramatic as these two cases happens...but I guarantee you now that these types of ranges will discontinue this practice after the fact...sometimes we do indeed learn from mistakes the hard way..... dang humans!

Traffic engineers, not petitions, should decide stop sign locations.

Likely the problem in the area was excessive speed, not a lack of control at the intersection.

A 9 year oid, looking down at her bloody instructor, who probably didn't die instantly will be burnt into her memory for a long long time, I would guess. Many therapy sessions I suspect. Ed

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

You can bet there has been lots of 9 year olds that have driven a mack truck in the yard, or taken the stick of a plane, under supervision. And I'm sure lots of them gave their Dad a scare doing it, but a truck or a plane aren't instantly fatal like a firearm.
Anyways, I don't think the media blames firearms themselves, its just that time and time again, its shown some people just can't handle the responsibility of using them safely. Since you can't ban stupid people, the next option is the tool the stupid people are using.

You missed my point. Would the media be screaming to outlaw Mack trucks and airliners? NO.

You would hear nothing of a "truck culture" or "airline culture" causing deaths.

Well, as an average joe, I see the costs of semi-automatic weapons with big clips, out weighing the benefits.

I also see the benefits of airplanes and transport trucks out weighing the costs though. So I assume this is why some guns get a bad rap, and many other potentially deadly things don't.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

Well, as an average joe, I see the costs of semi-automatic weapons with big clips, out weighing the benefits.

I also see the benefits of airplanes and transport trucks out weighing the costs though. So I assume this is why some guns get a bad rap, and many other potentially deadly things don't.

Hold the phone. There's no room in this thread for this conversation. We're talking about a 9 year old child who had lackadaisical parents and firearms training killing someone in a feckless accident.

The broader issue, such as my right to keep and bear arms - including those with standard capacity magazines-, which shall not be infringed, has nothing to do with this.

Please don't conflate the two.

Exactly. No one (media) would call for a ban on big rigs or 747's, for example, in the event of gross stupidity from a parent leading to a tragic accident. The gross misuse of a gun though, and the media screams come out.

The NRA is right, (stupid and/or evil) people kill people.

Well, the linked article said it was a fully automatic weapon, that's a completely different category, literally and legally, than what ordinary people are allowed to possess in this country.

And an Uzi uses magazines, afaik. There is a difference between magazines and clips, a pretty substantial one, actually.

Last edited:
An Uzi was the wrong gun to be using. A longer riffle with a full length butt stock such as an M-16 would have been a lot easier for the girl to control.

The lamestream media is frothing at the mouth with this one incident, calling it a "gun control" issue and that this accident is to be considered in the "debate" about gun rights.

Oh, la la la. Call it a debate, oh, or a conversation. That's disarming, isn't it? We, the media elite, are here to sit down with your family to have a conversation. A debate about gun control. You see, this great conversation the "nation" is having about gun rights, is really just us telling you to disarm and march quietly, blindfolded and hands bound.

Would you give a 9 yr old alcohol ? tobacco ? drugs ? or even let them drive ? then why put in their hands something that is actually capable of taking someone's life ? a device of death! a device actually built and MEANT to cause death!
In my opinion the darwin award needs to go to the parents, including some of you here proclaiming your grand darwinity as if that is something to be proud of ??! I say shame on you as parents.

Last edited:
Its just crazy. I raised 3 kids and my daughters didn't shoot til after age 14, my son was 12, and all that was with just a little .22. I would not even THINK of an Uzi for a little kid.

the only one person in this whole thing I truly feel sad about is the girl. Poor child what a lifelong trauma she has to live with all her life just because of the darwin parents.

Last edited:
The conspiracy nuts are already out saying the entire things was staged, just like Sandy Hook and other recent shootings, to take away the 2nd amendment.

Sigh.

The Darwin award goes to the instructor and the parents. When you shoot any firearm or teach someone how to, you lean forward with one foot forward and tense your muscles in anticipation of recoil. The instructor had the girls stand there almost with her center of gravity toward the back with both feet parallel and here arms/upper body completely relaxed. If I ever see that at a shooting range, I duck and run.

Actually, the Darwin award still goes to the instructor but not for bad teaching, for even saying yes to having a 9 year old shoot an uzi. IDIOT.

My 16 year old talked to me about this story. He lays the blame on the instructor too for the exact same reason. I have to agree who it there right mind would allow a 9 year to fire a UZI?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
..I have to agree who it there right mind would allow a 9 year to fire a UZI?

+1

So, tell our (4th grade) class what you did during your summer vacation out west?
frown.gif

I was shooting .22s and a 20-gauge at paper and clay targets when her age. Never an Uzi though.

Seems my dad proved a safer and more competent instructor than the deceased.

well the instructor was probably just an employee at the the range and the range owners would make the decisions/policies and he was just bound by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back