Cut open AC Delco PF-13C

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJC

Not too much analysis on this one but was curious to see how much crud and dirt was stuck in pleats.

Car is '89 Volvo 130K miles; ran filter 9 months and 3.6K miles (6000KM).

This AC Delco was Made in Canada and perhaps that's why it has the "C" at the end. The only reason I gave it a thumbs down is the filter was essentially empty when I cut it open..? And this after the car had been shut off for ~30mins.

The media was fine, all intact; endcaps metal; bypass looked a lot sturdier than Fram I recently cut apart but I didn't look at it closely. But the ADBV, although still supple, was rather small and wimpy. The number on it was Parker 7700.

When I say the ADBV was small and wimpy I am comparing to a Fram 3593 - which is a smaller filter. The number stamped on the Fram 3593 ADBV was KD-3 430564.

No more AC Delco PF-13C for me thanks. The reason I bought in the first place was I was having trouble stomaching the price of the $10 Volvo filters from the indy shops. Since some of the driving has been short trips and I've wanted to change out the filters at 6 months anyway, I wasn't overly concerned with having an expensive filter.

I ordered a case of Mann filters so now that's what's on it now.

The ACDelcos made in the USA are suppose to be the best ones. I have heard bad things about all the ACDelcos made in other places (Malaysia, Mexico, etc.)

Blazer, I don't recall a quaker state filter at Can Tire. Will look for it next time.

The biggest problem I had with this AC-Delco filter was being empty. IE the ABDV was not working very well.

I didn't notice the oil light staying on any longer nor did I hear startup noise but the valve is there for a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back